Friday, February 23, 2007

"You better - lose yourself in the music, the moment, You own it, you better never let it go"
-Lose Yourself, Eminem (yes, I am still bitter over this song if you were wondering)

In the words of P.Diddy: "Vote or Die"....Pick 6-
Lovestoned- Justin Timberlake
Magic Bus- The Who
Live Forever- Oasis
Gimme Shelter- Rolling Stones
Ice Age- Hawksley Workman
Africa- Toto
Roscoe- Midlake
LDN- Lily Allen
Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs
All My Friends- LCD Soundsystem
pollcode.com free polls

Has it really come down to this? Only 4 of us pitching songs? If there was going to be a final four, there was no doubt that it would be down to Lauren, the Brothers McNeil, and myself. I guess we fall into the more musically obsessive category.

As you should know, its Academy Awards weekend which has me cramming Iwo Jima in tomorrow as I begin to prep our award's themed snacks like Zesty Salma Hayek Jalepeno Cheddar Dip. Perhaps next year I won't be so unco-ordinated as to plan and Oscar gathering at the same time as Lauren. Then again, if you'll recall my Oscar party of Aught 5, I'm quite picky when it comes to Oscar viewings. The only person I fully trust to watch the Oscars with is Shane...I apologise for nothing. Let's jsut hope Sunday doesn't end with me slamming the door to my room to watch my beloved In Memorium reel on my own. Now on with the obligatory Mickey "i'm not dead yet" Rooney shot and hope they don't do the "Oscar winner yearbook" again where they haul the nearly deceased and recent winners out on stage for an awkward and time-consuming photo op. Either way, cheers to the death of the interpretive dance numbers and a hearty "Go Marty & Marky Mark" to you all, and to all a good night.

"This opportunity comes once in a lifetime"

4 Comments:

At 10:58 a.m., February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to vote/pitch on my playlist.

I'm one of those fellow obsessives trying to see all the nominees for the big 8 categories (Acting, Directing, Picture and Script).

I still have NOTES ON A SCANDAL to go, and my level of laziness this weekend will dictate whether I get that last one in.

Hmm - if it's just the four of us pitching, perhaps we should pitch 2 each...new release and all-time a la National Playlist?

...just a thought.

Cue Shane's sarcasm.

 
At 11:10 a.m., February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already voted for your playlist this week!

I still haven't conquered my bootleg copy of Blood Diamond either, but I am definitely getting out to see Iwo Jima on Saturday (and also The Number 23 which has nothing to do with anything).

Notes on a Scandal was better than I expected.

 
At 10:02 p.m., February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just remember who introduced y'all to ther glory of the cbc....me. remember the weekend that "clampdown" unseeded K.d. lang? i do.

this moment of self-promotion brought to you by 1/2 a litre of red wine.

ps. rachel - hand-rolled sushi and morrocan chicken for babel, sunshine lemon tarts for little miss sunshine, boston cream pie for departed, marmalade tarts for the queen - you know you want it.

 
At 7:03 a.m., February 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Lauren... thank you for enlightening us that a national public broadcaster exists. I never knew CBC had a radio wing. Thanks for enlightening me on that.

Thank you additionally for funding and establishing the CBC. I'm glad my grandparents' votes went to someone as noble and knowledgeable as yourself.

I thought your name sounded familiar in high school, it was from all those textbooks you're in for foundig the CBC and forcing us all to listen to it.

Clearly all your doing... clearly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home