Monday, February 12, 2007

“Out here in the fields, I fought for my meals, I get my back into my living”
-Teenage Wasteland, The Who


If you want to get hit on, move to Thorold.

Specifically, the local IGA in the milk department. I got one too many “How you doin’?” from stock boys. I glared back and tried to keep from laughing. I guess it’s an un-needed confidence booster.

Also of note, Value Village which seems to be the new local singles hang out. I actually slapped a dude’s hand away from me as he went to see what album I had picked up from the bin. Never one for small talk with strangers (or anything with strangers) I don’t want them touching my not-even-purchased yet things.

“I don't need to fight, To prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven”

My trip home was based around a trip to the dentisits if you’ll recall my tooth chipping incident on Valentine’s conversation hearts; long story short, I got a partial root canal (didn’t feel any pain proving that the only place I have a high pain tolerance is in my mouth….and I know that sounds bad). But I scored some sweet Tylenol 3s and a batch of penicillin. Yesssss! Not so good, I find out today that my dental coverage doesn’t kick in until March 1st. This is where I need those Tylenol 3s. Good thing the next part of my root canal is scheduled March 5th…which totally screws me over for the In Conversation with Ken Loach thing at Cinemathque, but at least I’ve seen the film in question, The Wind That Shakes the Barley. Twice. And maybe 2 people understood that entire sentence.

“So let's get together, Before we get much older”

Other interesting points from the weekend:
- finally saw The Departed, which leaves only Iwo Jima as the Best Picture nominated film I haven’t seen.
- Shunned the Grammy’s since U2 weren’t technically nominated (even though the “One” duet with Mary J. Blige was blasted on her win). I only tuned in to see The Police. Then I caught sight of Beyonce and the Grammys were dead to me, leaving me to watch Iron Chef America instead.
- 1998 caught up to me and I watched Summer of Sam. Does John Leguizamo every play anyone likeable? I hate him in Moulin Rouge and we all know I only own Empire for the Sarsgaard.
- After bringing Mr. Merv Griffin home for the weekend, I was lucky to get him back from my dad who declared him his new favourite child.
- The Goodbye Bryna/Oscar party plans are in full swing with the addition of a punch bowl and my mini Oscar statue.
- Yup, I still hate Eddie Murphy. Now, more than ever.


Midlake tonight at Lee’s Palace…which only means that there will be time to run upstairs to scope out Mondays at the Dance Cave. I scoffed at their “no cover Mondays” sign, as if I ever pay to get in...


“It's only teenage wasteland” > anyone else now have the music stuck in their head?

1 Comments:

At 5:07 a.m., February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thorold truly is the land that sex forgot.

What album were you purchasing when slapping the dude?

I understood the sentence, as was implied.

Big 'shame on you' for mislabelling the quotes, which clearly come from 'Baba O'Riley'... COME ON!

Merv Griffin's my favourite child, too... your cat ain't too bad, either.

ps> how awesome was the Gnarls at the Grammys?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home