Thursday, February 08, 2007

"I'm infatuated, It's all too much, the pressure"
-Crush with Eyeliner, REM

Okay I fooled you and posted this week's poll early. I'm not at work tomorrow and therefore don't want to update this blog tomorrow. That's like doing homework when I don't have to.

Voila.


Voters are Winners: Pick your top 6
Hospital Beds- Cold War Kids
No Tomorrow- Orson
Cowbell- Tapes N' Tapes
All Us Sinners- Eastborough
Roscoe- Midlake
Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes- Paul Simon
Africa- Toto
The Well and the Lighthouse- Arcade Fire
Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs
Ooh La- The Kooks
pollcode.com free polls

Lauren, I left your choice off because your pitch was lacking. C'mon girl, I know you are a CBC Radio junkie and can come up with better reasonings, especially for a song that you'd have to convince me to listen to. I'm disappointed in the rest of you for not pitching a song. That's right. I'm talking to you M.Lo and Eve.

And since when is Anna Nicole Smith's death breaking news on legitimate news outlets? I'm talking CNN headline news status and fancy bold type on Yahoo's news section. Okay, neither are classy, legit news sources...but it's not like this is the Weekly World News...then again, The National Enquirer is "the paper" at my parents' house, because if it wasn't in the Enquirer or on "Entertainment Tonight," it didn't happen.

"We all invent ourselves and, Well, you know me"

2 Comments:

At 10:11 p.m., February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too posted mine early. I voted on yours, fair trade time - head over to mine and cast your vote there.

Cheers!

-Rye.

 
At 8:55 a.m., February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said on Ryan's blog, the cyber cafe here doesn't seem to like the poll, so I'm requesting that it be left up til Sunday at least so I can vote.

As for a song suggestion I'm gonna pitch 'All My Friends' by LCD Soundsystem. Although it's a bit long it's a new direction from their epic beat-fests or their ironic singles (like 'Daft Punk' and 'North American Scum'... good as they both are). Plays like a great New Order tune.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home