Tuesday, January 30, 2007

“If you find me, hide me, I don't know where I've been, When you phone me tell me everything I did”
-Crowd Surf off a Cliff, Emily Haines

The tides have turned and I have been insanely busy at work. Thus I give you point form:

- On Saturday Dan, Eve, Cassandra and I had a delicious Bug Sushi dinner followed by the Debra DiGiovanni and Trevor Boris comedy tour, featuring other stand-up superstars from “Video on Trial” Sabrina Jalees and Perry Permultar and the horrid Gavin Stevens. Quite humourous, especially Trevor Boris. I like Debra but she needs some new jokes.
- My next vacation is legitimately being planned: My mom asked if I wanted “to do something crazy” for my 25th birthday at the end of March like a weekend trip to Las Vegas, New York or….Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It looks like it’ll be Vegas since we haven’t been. I’ve only been in one spot for 4 months and its been too long.
- My vacation after that is being planned as well, although only tentatively right now: Carri and I are going to go to Ireland in July to visit Yenni (if she gets out of Banff alive and makes it home). Of course I am also toying with trying to postpone the trip until August to make a quick and music filled stopover at the Leeds or Reading Festival.
- Bitch is still stealing from me. IT NEVER ENDS! I guess a padlock and a “You have 30 days to get the hell out” didn’t stop her thieving (sorry Kate, I promise to update you soon). Eve moves in march 1st and its not coming soon enough. I'm blaming her for every random thign I am missing, including my jewel case for "Pet Sounds", a variety of lipgloss, and my youth.
- Carri and I got drunk last night, played movie trivia, and watched the Patrick of Swayze classic: Youngblood about a Hamilton hockey team.
- My beloved
zip.ca actually contacted ME for a contest. It’s to find the “Great Canadian Film Critic” next month. I’m getting interviewed over the phone this week or next so we’ll see where that goes. Maybe I’ll win a trip to their headquarters in Ottawa….Yessssssss!
- The Killers are coming. Hopefully moustaches will be shaved by then. Moustaches are making an unwelcome comeback, much like Tom Selleck. I could put up with The Killers, Ewan McGregor irritated me and put me off of Miss Potter, but I caught my Franz Ferdinand superstar Alex Kapranos on “The New Music” (shut up, I’m a nerd) and he had a moustache! That about did it for me. I had to turn off the TV and sulk. Well, actually, I had to get drunk and watch Youngblood. Sexytime!


“If I'm sorry you lost me you'd better make it quick”

And 7 people voted in the random playlist poll. The OM won with the most votes. Yay Old Man! Can I get a chorus of “Old Man River?” Voters are winners. Now the results, in order of the greatest:

Instrumental- Eastborough
Ooh La- The Kooks
Slow Down- Magic Numbers
Me and My Friend- Julie Dorion
Luscious Life- Patrick Watson
Maggie Mae- The Rod
Music When the Lights go Out- The Libertines
Parenthesis- The Blow
A Million Dollars- Joel Plaskett
28 Balloons- Camaromance

If you feel like making a new playlist, suggest some songs. Everything from the Libertines down will be dropped and voting will commence again to find a new top 10. I’m thinking about what my most listened to song o’ the week is…


“Cause this call costs a fortune and it's late where you live”

7 Comments:

At 3:45 p.m., January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all:
This weeks pick 'o the week is "The Well and the Lighthouse" from the Arcade Fire's new album Neon Bible-it's swat...the new sweet.
Rock out

 
At 9:22 p.m., January 30, 2007, Blogger Clara said...

My two picks of the week are:
John Vanderslice - Exodus Damage
&
Reverie Sound Revue - One Marathon (for something a little bit more calming)
cheers all,
e.

 
At 5:08 a.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, so i guess we suggest songs and then an overall compendium is chosen? This list is complicated, but I like lists, so I propose three songs...

Black Flowers - Yo La Tengo
Roscoe - Midlake
Africa - Toto

 
At 10:01 a.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs.

My blog, I choose what I likes.

Download it or find it on their website.

 
At 10:43 a.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm going to be a huge douchebag and just suggest people i know from now on.

'City on a River' by dumb angel
www.myspace.com/thedumbangel

'Second-Best Death' by maybe smith
http://www.sirhandsomerecords.com/catalogue/second-best-death

also we're going on tour to your neck of the woods (toronto, ottawa, montreal) with maybe smith this summer. you should check him out so you can sing along creepily when you come to watch us play.

 
At 3:59 p.m., January 31, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

Can I give a guest kazoo solo on your Toronto show? Or perhaps the triangle? I was awesome on the sticks in grade 2.

 
At 5:09 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, my picks are in! here's what's sticking like a sports bra in plus-size step class:

"Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" Paul Simon (cause I like the Africa theme)

and

"Bac a Fleur" Les Trois Accords (cause I like French)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home