Thursday, January 18, 2007

"Whenever I was a child I wondered what if my name had changed into something more productive like Roscoe"
-Roscoe, Midlake

Why do random things only seem to happen to me? I mean, who else would chip a tooth on embarrassing candy in the middle of class?

The candy in question was those Valentine’s conversation hearts that say things like, “Ur Cute” and “Let’s Talk!” Obviously, I couldn’t resist buying these candies for snacks during our film marketing class with Eve- I may not approve of V-Day, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy their goodies (word of the year!). In the middle of class in which the tables are arranged in a U-shape under glaring fluorescent lighting, I took a bite of a candy and bit into something hard. Casually spitting what I assumed was some sort of sugar-coated substance, turned out to be part of my back tooth. Great. Luckily the root isn’t exposed so I’m not in pain, although the now sharp area of my tooth is cutting my tongue. Yay! Of course, the other issue is that I don’t have medical coverage for another 3 weeks and lack a dentist in the T-dot. … And because I know you are wondering, the conversation heart candy that destroyed my mouth said, “U Go”, which is perhaps the biggest insult of all. It’s clearly a holdover from the late-90s.

Ugh. Anyway, back to polishing Gemini Awards which are heavier than you imagine. Could definitely be used for some serious seal clubbing.



UPDATE: for whatever reason, I'm still eating those conversation candy hearts. I just pulled out one that says- no word of a lie, swear on my U2 collection- "BE BOP." I'm going to keep it forever, or at least take a picture of it before I eat it.

"When they get back they're all mixed up with no one to stay with "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home