Thursday, December 28, 2006

“The heat thats in the sun, Will keep us when there's none”
-Window in the Skies, U2

Tomorrow is cat day! I’m off to the Humane Society to pick out a kitty on Friday. The cats I liked at the St. Catharines' PetSmart have been adopted out, and they’re flying out of the Toronto Humane Society with their adopt-a-thon where they have waived all fees for pets (so if you want a pet, go before Jan 4th). They had 99 cats yesterday and adopted 20 out to new homes. I have 3 that I like the looks of picked out, so if they are still there tomorrow afternoon, I’ll be bringing one of these guys home with me:

Kelso who is 1 and a half years old. His name would have to change because it reminds me of Ashton Kutcher on “That 70’s Show” and I hate Ashton Kutcher AND “That 70’s Show.” I also had a high school teacher named Mr. Kelso, who although I was indifferent to him, I grew weary of the echoes of “Kellllsoooo” in the hallways.


Aiko who is 5 years old. She looks nice.


And Merlin who is 2 years old, because he looks like a wild cat.


Of course, if I didn’t have roommates, I would take them all. That’s the one problem I have with going to the humane society: I want them all to come home with me because they make me sad to see them in cages, waiting for homes. But if 20 were adopted yesterday, things look good for them. The shelter has a “no kill” policy so it’s not like the old ones will be put down. We’ll see who I choose or who chooses me; my first cat, Fifty, chose my Dad at the Humane Society by sticking his paw out of his cage and hooking himself onto my Dad’s coat. It’s thanks to that cat that I have the house I grew up in as my parents lived in a “no pets” apartment, and, given the option of getting rid of the cat or moving, they made the obvious choice and moved.

For those of you who are partaking in festivities on New Years at my house: no scaring my new cat.

“Sky over our head, Can reach it from our bed”

Songs that Remind Me of Aught 6 (aka “Some of the Best Songs I heard Live This Year” Mix):

The Fallen- Franz Ferdinand
Broken Boy Soldiers- The Raconteurs
Phenomena- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Kiss You Off- Scissor Sisters
Dancing Shoes- Arctic Monkeys

“But love left a window in the skies”

3 Comments:

At 11:19 a.m., January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your blog...or are you too busy barfing? hahahah

 
At 9:55 p.m., January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rachel, you are as good at updating your blog as david hasselhoff is at staying sober at heathrow airport.

 
At 3:55 p.m., January 08, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

First of all, I am as good as the Hoff in staying sober. Secondly, Blogger is being an ass and won't let me update.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home