Sunday, December 17, 2006

“Over and over and over and over and over, Like a monkey with a miniature symbol, The joy or repetition really is in you”
-Over and Over, Hot Chip

Best Dance Cave night ever (musically speaking). Scratch that. Best night ANYWHERE in terms of music.

Eve and I went to the Cave on Friday for the dancing after introducing Eve to the Red Room (no cockroaches on the table this time). Because Eve is eager, we were there at 10:40pm. Who knew that drinks are only $3.50 before 11pm? Not me. We weren’t the oldest people there, although at times it felt it. The music started off on a good note as Pyjama Guy came and wanted to pose for (unflattering) pictures with us. I’m not even sure how this all happened. Next thing you know Eve and I are posing for pictures with EVERYONE. Bizarre.

The night was a success, save for hot dude who quickly turned into weird dude when we realized that he was a) all by himself b) changed shirts 3 times through the course of the night. Then there was the U2 Shirt Guy, who after he said something to Eve about her spilling beer on his shirt (that may not have happened, I can’t remember, either way conversation turned to his shirt and Eve pointed him to me). U2 Shirt Guy says to me in an incredulous way, “Oh you like U2? Name one of their songs that you say you know?” To which I replied: “I’ve seen them in concert 6 times. Don’t talk to me,” and turned my back on him. He was ugly so it didn’t matter.

"Again a weird noise interlude"

Because I can’t go on enough about the music, a playlist which looks like ‘twas pulled straight from my iTunes:

“Over and over”- Hot Chip
“Tear You Apart”- She Wants revenge
“Hotel Yorba”
“Banquet”
“Rock the Casbah”
“Reptilia”
“Boys & Girls”- Blur
“Take Me Out”- Franz
“Little Green Bag”- George Baker Selection
Stevie Wonder
Supremes
“Big Girls Don’t Cry”
“Modern Love”- Bowie
Beatles
“Satisfaction”
Hot Hot Heat
Mobile
“Elevator Love Letter”- Stars (seriously)
“London Bridge” awesome ‘80s remix

Other than the Fatboy Slim, there was no cause for the Tim Robbins to come out.
The Tim Robbins did come out at the Eaton’s Centre however.

"I got to thinking and I knew just what to do"

Eve and I attempted to find a table in the food court, spied 2 people getting up from a table 2 feet from us, and moved towards the table where I put my shopping bags on the chair and a hand on the top of the table to turn to Eve to tell her to go ahead and line up for food first. Out of nowhere this middle-aged woman goes, “I don’t think so!” I turn to look at her and she goes on to say, “This is my table, I was just getting my food.” As I look at her and say, “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t reali…” she slams her tray of food on my hand and elbows me out of the way. This being the final straw, as I was legitimately apologizing to her, I retort with a “You don’t have to be so rude about it.” She replies with, “You ran over here like a bunch of banshees for the table. That’s rude.” Not being one to back down from an old woman, I gave her the, “You withered old hag, you’re such a fucking bitch!” And like that, turned away after thinking better of knocking her tray of food to the ground. I was going to add something to the effect of “Merry Christmas bitch,” but walked away.

This event has already been widely re-enacted in my living room as Cassandra came home from Yorkdale mall with a food court fight of her own, thus categorizing out Saturday night at home as pyjama mall re-enactment theatre.

"Laid back, We'll give you play back"

Good did come of the weekend, other than fighting and Caving, as I have finished all of my Christmas shopping that can be accomplished in Toronto, including a haircut for free from one of Vidal Sassoon’s top stylists in my living room thanks to Carri who today is putting her mad hair cutting skillz to use on a reality TV show which will air in the Fall. The only scary part of the whole weekend was the dummy head that Carri had to practice up-do’s on, as someone had thoughtfully labelled the head “Giselle” in permanent marker.


Just in case anyone ever doubted the validity of the squirrel race war, here's a picture I took of the victorious Blacks taking over my backyard. Not pictured: one small black squirrel eating out of the bird feeder. There's more where that came from (both squirrels and photos).

"And when I feel this way I really am with you"

1 Comments:

At 9:52 a.m., December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rachel,

thanks for whoring out my band via the internet. it's how we like to do business. make sure you listen on cripmas day to hear if we won.

happy hoffidays,

mairin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home