Monday, November 27, 2006

“All of the time you wait, there's someone out there, And no one can find all the red”
-Stars and Sons, BSS

Where did the weekend go? How am I back at work, still irate and tired? Ugh. “I don’t like Mondays” indeed Sir Geldolf.

The weekend was enjoyable. Spent Friday lying on the couches in the living room with Carri watching Orange County and crappy TV while shunning the YM (but more on that later).

Saturday was to be the big movie marathon day with Dan but we only made it through two films- Volver (good) and For Your Consideration (awful). Dan almost fell asleep in FYC at 430 in the afternoon and I kept waiting for it to get funny, thinking about haircuts Carri could give me (she’s s pro stylist) and how much that would cost me to pay her in beer. We were so enraged by FYC that we gave up on Babel and opted on wandering the Eaton’s Centre, watching “Hollywood’s Top 20 Murders” and going for Festive Specials at the Chalet.

“You asked for nothing, Why don't you share it”


The Festive Specials picked the night up especially because of the world’s worst waitress Khanh (yes, “Wrath of Kahn” factored in). She’s terrible but she’s hilarious. A staple of the Swiss Chalet across from Honest Ed’s, she closed my menu and pointed out to me that I would be having the Festive Special with fries. She offered me a refill of Pepsi and instead of taking my glass to refill it, slammed a pitcher of pop on the table. She also delivered the finger bowls and chocolates “in case she forgets” before we had even picked up our cutlery. For dessert, she threw a piece of pecan pie drenched in caramel sauce and buried under icing sugar at me.

We met up with Carri and Yenni at Grace O’Malley’s for Yenni’s goodbye party and danced to a random cover band- who were actually good and pulled off a decent “Rock the Casbah.” It was dirty expensive but then again, I’m used to getting into the Cave fro free and paying next to nothing for precious bottles of 50. But I think I’ll be adding Grace’s to my roster.

“I don't know it, It won't be this time”

You’re all going to laugh, but on Sunday Dan and I attended a Swedish Christmas Fair…for about 10 minutes. We were told things were picking up as the stage show was underway. The show revolved around old couples dancing and clapping. We ran out of there and went to Eggspectations where I could avoid the YM’s calls before returning hoem and cranking the BSS and Stars. We’re also going to see The Phantom of the Opera in March thanks to Queens U’s sweet ticket deals (shaking my fist at Carleton). Lately there’s been a slew of “Are you and Dan dating?” from his family and mine. Yenni thinks Dan looks like my brother (not true at all, other than the fact that we both have glasses). When my dad asked if we were and I said no, he replied with a “Good.” It’s a running joke between us since Dan’s mom once forbid Dan from marrying me. We think it’s hilarious because I would have made a move 10 years ago…or maybe I’m just biding my time…

“You're the same when you're living”

And now onto the gossip. YM is officially dunzo this time. It’s been confirmed. After discussing with Yenni and Natalie to make sure I wasn’t blowing anything out of proportion, I decided I wasn’t crazy and the YM is an idiot. To borrow Nat’s new phrase, “Shuck it.” To make a long story short and one that doesn’t translate well to blogging or type-form, turning down two invites during the week with me and then practically begging me to go out on Friday (to which I said no), not even responding to an invite sent Monday until Friday night, then not even being home at 1030 in the morning on a Sunday when I told him I would call to meet up somewhere, not apologizing and making hostile remarks (“There’s someone who will tolerate you that long?” when I told him about the movie marathon), and then suggesting that it was my fault I didn’t want to go out and do something at 10pm on a Sunday night after he finished watching Love Actually. When he said, “Something this week then?” I gave him the old, “We’ll see. Email me. Goodbye.” It was the most awkward 2 min phone call ever. But I’m done with him. I don’t care enough to care. Even to be mildly agitated is too much for me. I’m generally in an agitated state what with children and people and all, so I don’t need anymore.

I think I’m coming down with that cold that’s circulating the city. My throat hurts. But I’m being good and skipping a preview screening of Pan’s Labyrinth as much as it pains me.

“There's something out there”

4 Comments:

At 8:19 p.m., November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call with the YM...at least now he can't dump you via text message even though you weren't really dating him a la Sarsgaard.

 
At 9:24 a.m., November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does the YM have a blog?

Imagine...

"I'm on ur blogz, endin' ur relationshipz".

I'd buy you a yard from the Pickle Barrel for it.

 
At 9:44 a.m., November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

use him or loose him i say. there's plenty more where he came from - at the cave!
- L boogie

 
At 9:56 a.m., November 28, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

"I'm on ur blogz, endin' ur relationshipz"...made me laugh so much that my co-worker asked if I was okay...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home