Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Did you have to go to jail, Put your house up on for sale, did you get a good lawyer?"
-Valerie, the Zutons

The new job is going relatively well. I’ve already figured out how to surf the net and send emails. Blog updates may be out, at least for the first month, but I’m wily enough to figure that one out eventually. My co-workers are nice- all 4 of them…except for maybe the accountant but I think all accountants are like her anyway. And I’ve done more networking in terms of meeting producers, directors, editors, and various other post-production people in my 2 days of work than I have in my entire life. My daily tasks include answering the phone and…well, that’s really it so far. Tomorrow’s task is to figure out who can make company letterhead and what the going rate for used photocopiers is on craigslist. Luckily the woman I share the office with is a fan of Virgin Radio so at least the music is good and ample.

And I had time to find this website:
Dullmen.com and an article pertaining to dull men who like to make lists. It’s meant as a joke, but I actually own lists of my lists. I live a strange life.

"And are you shoppin' anywhere, Changed the colour of you hair, are you busy?"

Tomorrow night also happens to be Shortbus night. And I’m not using “Shortbus” as an adjective to cleverly describe the night’s activities- like that is going to be so Borat! Or we have some events of Bail Out proportion planned. Or we were all like Nosferatu up in here… but Justin and I really are attempting to see it this time around. And Dan and I are going on a shopping spree on Saturday. That is, once I finish shaking my first at Rogers for my $181.00 wireless bill. That’s $181 CDN, not 18100 yen.

And it looks like there’s a fun ladies night brewing post New Years- Emily Haines just happens to be in town over Nat’s scheduled visit in January.


"Well sometimes I go out by myself, And I look across the water"

Today’s Most Frequented Top 5 (aka the “if I have to go to work, I might as well listen to music”):

Hotel- BSS
Tear You Apart- She Wants Revenge
Better do Better- Hard-fi
You Are a Runner and I am My Father’s Son- Wolf Parade
Twelve- Forward Russia (technically not a good song, but here it is)


"And I think of all the things, what you're doing, And in my head I make a picture"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home