Monday, October 30, 2006

“I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand,Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain”
-Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon

as usual, I'm having problems uploading pictures, so check back later.

I’m already done with Halloween after Saturday’s efforts. Bring on Christmas.

Mock Halloween night was fun at The Phoenix (where I did see random dude I went on a date with but luckily, thanks to layers of white face paint, I was scarily unrecognizable, which was good since said dude texted me the day before to see if I was going to a concert). Carri, Yenni and I got all dressed up in our costumes and set out for the streetcar where we received numerous honks and stares from passersby as our trio consisted of one princess, one dead bride, and one dead cheerleader (making dumbass faces in photos).


The best part of my cheerleading costume (aside from the fact that I happened upon a cheerleading jacket embroidered with “Rachel”) was that I was a dead cheerleader which provided me with the oppourtunity to roll around in dead leaves on the front lawn in the dark and grinding my knees into the dirt to make it appear as though I had just risen from the grave. Flower pot dirt also came in handy for smearing across my neck and collarbone, even if the dirt ended up rolling into my bra and shirt. I “slit” my wrists with fake blood and Yenni slashed her neck with blood, leaving our bathroom covered in fake blood and dirt. We got a lot more attention on the streetcar where we were approached by Anne of Green Gables, gunshot head wound guy, and a very gay Robin Hood. We met up with other friends Mel (Dorothy) and Kary (Golddigger) at the bash.

“If you hear him howling around your kitchen door, Better not let him in"

People went all out at The Phoenix: there were several Borats, Optimus Prime, Edward Scissorhands AND Edward Penishands, a few Jack Sparrows, a bunch of bananas, "I Love Lucy", a naked couple, Clockwork Orange dudes, a giant Oompa Loompa, The Crow, vampires, slutty maids, Hooters girls in ill-fitting costumes (and I mean ILL-fitting), Santas but no Zanta, a few Britney’s and K-Fed’s (one that came with a Shar Jackson), Dorothy’s, devils, Duffmans, and army dudes. And I guy who we dubbed “my Dad” who, as it seemed, was a 40 something man in a golf shirt and jeans with a beer- totally my Dad except my Dad is 54. I got hit on by a wolfman, a guy in a zoot suit who saved Mel and I from a moshing crowd, an army colonel, and a man with a cape. There was also The Phoenix's equivalent to pyjama guy at the Cave: random Asian man who poses and claps in the middle of the crowd, but gets really angry when you try to dance with him.
“Better stay away from him, He'll rip your lungs out, Jim"

The music was iffy, the beer was flowing, and I was snapping pictures left and right so my really drunken cohorts could remember the evening. It was a lot of fun. Yenni got so much attention as the dead bride and was hit with numerous pick up lines. She also got into an argument on the street with some dudes at the end of the night which just looked hilarious. The most random costume was a dude was the World Trade Centre, which, albeit clever, was a tad distasteful for a public gathering. At one point while we were in line outside WTC and a doctor started fighting when the doctor took issue with the WTC costume. People booed the WTC. A few hours in the WTC comes on stage and it turns out that he’s Martin Streak, the DJ at Edge 102.

“Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen"

The night before, Dan and I went to see The Prestige and for greasy food at Fran’s Diner. And yesterday Carri and I laid on the couch all day watching a Halloween movie marathon of Ghostbusters II (even though I just watched it last week), Beetlejuice, The Shining, Scream, Dracula, and Scary Movie 4. Time well spent.
And Justin and I have another date on Wednesday to see the Woody Allen film, Scoop, since I have expressed my girl crush on Scarlett Johansson. Even after I totally fell off a concrete table in the park on our last date. I'm just that irresistably awesome. Today I think I will actually leave the house and venture out to the mall for pyjama shopping, even though the mall is already decked out for Xmas. I’ve also lost the rubber pieces for my earbud headphones, so I’ve had to revert back to my crappy iPod headphones which makes me angry.

“He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent”


Top 5 Halloween-themed songs I have avoided hearing as of this post:

Thriller- Michael Jackson
Monster Mash- Bobby Pickett & The Crypt Kickers
Time Warp- Rocky Horror
The theme from
Halloween
Werewolves of London
- Warren Zevon


“I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's, His hair was perfect"

3 Comments:

At 4:33 p.m., October 30, 2006, Blogger Heidi said...

I miss dressing up for Halloween. Needless to say, nobody here cares much for it...
I've always loved dressing up as a gipsy :P It just suits me. Oct. 2007, here I come.
H.

 
At 5:45 a.m., November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, Pyjama guy and the weird Asian dancing guy are 2 different people at DC.

Second, did I tell you about when Pyjama guy hit on me for wearing my Cash t-shirt? *shudder*

Ghostbusters 2 has been on twice in recent weeks in Cairo... "Long Live Viggo!"

Next year... Devo... I promise.

s.

 
At 2:29 p.m., November 01, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm holding you to your Devo promise.

If Ghostbusters 2 was on TV right now, I'd probably watch it for the third time in 2 weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home