Tuesday, October 10, 2006

“Forget what we're told, Before we get too old, Show me a garden that's bursting into life”
-Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol

Nooooooo! The Scissor Sisters show is cancelled tonight. It actually works out okay since Lauren is sick, so we’ll have to see when the concert is rescheduled for. And I get to stay home with the fam an extra night to eat turkey leftovers.

Speaking of turkey day, I discovered that 2/3 of my mom’s side of the family get sick if they eat red peppers, like me. Thrilling dinnertime conversation. But screw me suffering today, I love red peppers. I was also able to initiate an event which I am hoping will become an annual occurrence: the bowling of rotten cantaloupe across the backyard to rest under the willow trees. I got a bonus point as it seemed to startle my Beast, Tony, from across the neighbour’s lawn, leaving him to run wildly across their backyard, shimmy under a fence, and then dash the remaining distance around more trees to my deck where he then climbed on top of the barbeque and demanded to be let in the house. Tomorrow we’re going to throw rotten pears at/to the neighbour’s dog.


“Let's waste time, Chasing cars, Around our heads”

The squirrel race war is seemingly over. I saw a giant black squirrel perched on the garage roof and took it to mean that he was the new king of the backyard and was seated on his throne to oversee his kingdom.

I’m also the proud owner of my own personal Old Man like Nat and Eve. Except my OM is in postcard form from Greece (thanks Heidi!). I’ve named him Gus since most old Greek men seem to be named either Gus or Ted.


“I don't know where, Confused about how as well”

No word on if I will soon be gainfully employed, but then again, it’s only been a week. When you don’t do anything, time seems to slow down. And I can’t take the weather. One day it’s 25 out and the next it’s 11. I’ve worn both a fall coat and flip flops this week, although never at the same time. That’s all for now. I have to go back to doing something productive (read: eating).

Put the iPod on Shuffle and You Get:

Sunglasses at Night- Corey Hart
On Top- The Killers
Let it Die- Feist
All I’ve Ever Known- Jason Collett
40 (live at Red Rocks)- U2

“Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home