Friday, September 29, 2006

"Fall is here, hear the yell, Back to school, ring the bell"
-We're Going to be Friends, White Stripes

How did I spend my first full day back at home? Watching 90210 and eating a block of feta cheese. I'm living it up. Since I haven't sat and watched TV in 5 months, I figured there would be so much on that I wanted to watch. I was wrong. Which is why I started watching 90210 where I made the following observations (since I never actively watched it as a kid):
a) those were some bad clothing choices
b) Luke Perry looked like he was 40 years old then.
c) Jason Priestly is incredibly unattractive
d) this show is about nothing. Saved by the Bell had better plots (and quotes). Yesterday's episode involved something about everyone enrolling at the same college (like you and your 9 closest and only high school friends all went to the same college) and all trying to pledge sorority's and fraternity's together. I missed the end of the episode because I flipped to the food network to watch them bake salmon.

"brand new shoes, walking blues, Climb the fence, books and pens"

I also went to the local mall. It was a bit surreal since the Japanese don't have malls like ours, not only did they have clothing in my size, but they had even bigger sizes, and my god- the shoes! I actually didn't buy that much. It was like going to a pet store: I just wanted to look.

And I didn't realize that The Killers CD wasn't out here. It's been out for 2 weeks in Japan. I should have bought it there but figured it was out here and would already be 2 for $25 at HMV. It's a good CD anyway. And it's freaking cold here. It is 5 degrees right now. What the Hell is this? I had shorts and a tank top on this week, riding my bike around in the sun. I'm so confused.

"We don't notice any time pass, we don't notice anything"

And I have my Alliance Atlantis job interview which is for History Television on Tuesday. You know me and history. We're tight. Especially the 15th century. 1436 has my back. If I don't get it, then meh. At least it's a practice interview.

I may also get to try Niagara's finest Japanese cuisine: My dad, much to my shock, proclaimed his love of sushi (thanks to my cousin's influence in Florida) and wants to go out for sushi. My parents observations on me: I've seemingly "lost weight," my hair is "quite long...when are you getting a haircut?", I've somehow randomly started saying things like "yeah yeah" as if I am unable to say "yes" only once, and "that's an interesting shirt." That being said and done, I have already begun counting down until I get back on my own in Toronto. There's only so much I can take. But the constant and steady food supply is what is holding me here.

"and when I wake tommorow I'll bet, That you and I will walk together again"

The First 5 Songs heard In Canada:

Angel- Sarah McLachlan (I think that's what that lame song is called...also one of the last songs heard in Japan, strangely enough)
Bandages- Hot Hot Heat
Open Road- Bryan Adams...(obviously CanCon is going strong)
Walk Away- Franz Ferdinand
Woman- Wolfmother

"I can tell that we're going to be friends"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home