Sunday, September 10, 2006

"What does it mean to be this crazy, lady? I don't pretend to know "
-Rocket, El Presidente

You know your parents know you well when your mother says, “I know what will happen if you move to the UK. You’ll spend all your money on concerts and never come home.” So true.

I’ve also realized that sake is my Japanese equivalent to tequila- as in I get extra chatty and can’t stop myself from talking. Its like truth serum. I also rode a bike for the first time ever while intoxicated. It was successful.

It’s still brutally hot and humid here in Fukushima. I’ve spent the day lying around eating donuts while having a “24” marathon. In other words, I am clearly living the high life. Eve is off in Niigata with her bf, so I have to wait for her to come back so we can hit up karaoke. There’s also a place called Round 1 in town where you can play video games, sing karaoke, shoot arrows, and ride a mechanical bull (unfortunately, not simultaneously) that we are going to go to before I take off.


I'm bemoaning the fact that the Toronto Film Festival is underway and all I have in Fukushima is X-Men. I'm going to go on a movie binge when I get home to make up for lost time.

Top 5 Songs in Heavy Rotation:

Turn This Thing Around- El Presidente
Maneater- Nelly Furtado
Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
You Don’t Love Me- The Kooks
Shoot the Runner- Kasabian


"I feel those temperatures rise"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home