Monday, August 21, 2006

"Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight, It must have been something you said"
-I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight, Cutting Crew

It's good to be back in Japan. I have a vague understanding of what people are saying to me, delicious roatating sushi is at my fingertips, and Japanese karaoke is far superior to its Korean counterpart.

Eve and I escaped the "what do we do with ourselves now?" problem after a week constantly on the go with the old standbys of rotating (kaiten) sushi and 2 fun-filled hours at karaoke. This time, there were no karaoke-related injuries for me, a good sign since I had my fill of mishaps in Seoul. Our last karaoke evening ended with a huge bloody scrape on my ankle, as I hit a curb after swerving to avoid a telephone pole because I was too busy singing U2's "Lemon" in high Bono falsetto. Karaoke always inevitably ends with us singing on the walk/ride home. I'm usually guilty of instigating this, whether it be "Lemon" or "I Got My Mind Set On You" or simply the ringing the bells on our bikes (yes, we have bells) in tune to "Ina Gadda da Vida."
The song o'the night this evening was once again "White Lines" which earns a spot in the coveted karaoke top 10:

White Lines- Duran Duran (covering Grandmaster Flash!)
Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash
Helter Skelter- The Beatles
I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight- Cutting Crew
Lemon- U2
I Predict a Riot- Kaiser Chiefs
Hard to Beat- Hard-fi
Little Green Bag- George Baker Selection
The Fallen- Franz Ferdinand
Blitzkrieg Bop- Ramones

I'll get back to the posts about Seoul in due time. I have lots to share on how the only thing on TV was Space Cowboys and the underwear market. I think the fact that there is an entire shopping arcade dedicated to the sale of all things underwear is enough to keep you interested.

And just in case anyone questioned my love of sending/receiving random and bizarre postcards, it obviously runs in my family as I received a Spongebob Squarepants postcard cut out from the back of a box of Spongebob Kraft Dinner, written from Spongebob's perspective as he updates me the whereabouts of my cat, The Beast, and my parents. Its gone on my side of the fridge which is filling up with postcards (note how Eve's side remains empty...karma?).

Note to Eve: I kid because I love. Please don't smother me with a pillow as I sleep.

"And I donĀ“t see an easy way to get out of this"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home