Sunday, August 20, 2006

"When I'm feeling lazy, it's probably because,`I'm saving all my energy to pick up when you move into my airspace"
-Say Hello to the Angels, Interpol

I’m back from Seoul, and I didn’t even get a “South Korea’s Got Seoul” t-shirt. I did get what will surely be a nifty new scar on my leg from falling down some stairs. Seriously. It was the second time I fell in 5 days. Here’s a picture of my injury. It can also be noted that there are both Canadian stickers, some faux flowers, and my mint copy of Bail Out on the floor in the background since Eve and I are living in filth, thanks to overturning our apartment before leaving and merely adding new crap to the piles of junk already lying around here. Case in point: my room. And this picture is taken after I cleaned up a bit.

So back to me falling on the ground, in public. The scar is a result of my missing the last two steps in a subway while trying to keep my relatively girly heeled shoes on my feet. They weren’t incredibly high heels, I’m just too lazy to put effort into wearing nice shoes after 5 years in Catholic uniforms with fancy cress shoes. Eve, who was a few metres in front of me hears me say “SHIIIIT” in a mildy deep and loud voice and turns to see me sitting at the bottom of the steps. Too bad I didn’t get my impending scar somewhere more cool like the DMZ or one of North Korea’s infiltration tunnels into Southern borders. I managed to fall quite gracefully given the situation and my dress (ie. I didn’t land on my face or with my dress in the air) and merely ended up sitting at an odd angle. All was well, since I am used to falling down albeit, I am usually intoxicated and/or at the Dance Cave.

I had practice in falling earlier in the week when at Lotte World- the world’s largest indoor/outdoor amusement park, I again, gracefully slid to the ground, this time with a “Fuuuuuck.” Again, I say gracefully as I just kind of slid into a sitting position, careful not to spill my drink or my falafel. Eve again turned around, laughed and me, and drew more concern from the nearby staff member when he though she was choking than my laying sprawled at the top of an escalator (unrelated to my fall). Luckily, on Friday, I saved myself from falling for a third time. And just a taste of Seoul, here's a picture of a purse that I wish I had bought:

"This is a concept..."

I’ll give a more random and pertinent information about the man who growled at the palace, the numerous shovings (and I mean I got shoved, not the other way around), and the crazy guy who kept slapping me on the back in the street when I’ve digested the trip, unpacked, and had some decent sleep. So.Ko was fun, despite its lack of midgets, hobos, Communists, and shoes over a size 8, but not in spite of the plethora of Outback Steakhouses (we saw 6 Outbacks, but only 2 McDonalds), Dunkin’ Donuts, and fake bearded palace guards…(their beards are actually taped on their faces). We also arrived in Incheon slightly drunk thanks to free plane beer mixed with Tylenol Sinus meds, which is also the reason I am now the proud owner of a set of Asiana Airlines metal spoons.

"We should take a trip now to see new places"

Top 5 Songs Heard/videos Played at River Phoenix, my Favourite Bar in Seoul Which Serves Molson Canadian:

Help- U2 covering the Beatles (played on a giant video screen!)
An REO Speedwagon concert
Tonight- New Kids on the Block (the owner played more NKOTB when Eve and I began laughing hysterically and serenading our new Korean friends)
Last Christmas- Wham (for the holidays, obviously)
My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion, played especially for us when the owner found out we were from Canada

I can only hope my solo trip to Hong Kong in 2 weeks proves as fruitful.

"I'm sick of this town"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home