Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"I've been saving myself for a high speed Saturday night "
-100 mph, El Presidente

It seems as though my weekend plans are going to involve some serious all-girl adventures in various locations.

Eve and I are heading to Yokohama this Saturday at the crack of dawn. Or by normal standards, what would be considered the crack of dawn because, as Japan is the literal land of the rising sun, the sun appears in the sky around 4:30am. Nothing like a 5 hour bus ride to Tokyo to catch a little shut eye anyway. From Tokyo we're making our way via train to Yokohama to hit up Japan's biggest Chinatown and ride a London Eye-style ferris wheel.

From there I ditch Eve so she can meet up with her boy toy and head back to Tokyo to meet Dirk's gf, Alanna who is in town for a week. The other lovely ladies of Fukushima, Corrie and Lauren, are in talks to meet up with us on Saturday night (which can only mean anothe og of Roppongi clubs) and possibly Sunday for some fun. Sunday we will reunite with Eve and take Alanna to Yoyogi Park to see the Harajuku weirdos, Shibuya crossing so I can show Eve the massive music memorabilia store and return a non-functioning watch, then its over to Ginza for an act of a kabuki play for the reasonable price of 700 yen ($5.50) before making it back to Fukushima around midnight.

The highlight of the weekend will be the capsule hotel which I am currently in the process of negotiating. Most capsule hotels are reserved for men only- some even say "no tattoos" allowed- but I managed to find one that has a ladies floor. I'm just waiting to see if any rooms are free. Being new to this whole capsule hotel idea, I'm not even sure if I can reserve in advance or if I just have to show up and hope for the best. I see pictures of capsule hotels and it reminds me of a morgue or mausoleum...so I should feel right at home after my years "working hard" in the cemetery and dusting the mausoleum.

"I could never understand never understand what went wrong"

And if you thought I couldn't add any more women to my life, I have my first official date on Canadian soil with Lauren at the Scissor Sisters concert, which will be a breath of fresh air after a week in Thorold with my family pretending I'm nice, a Thanksgiving feast, and 3 new roommates.
Yes, that's right. I am moving back to MY apartment where I will have not one, not two, but three new girls to live with. It should be interesting to say the least. And we all know how much I lack in people skills so its an oppourtunity to actually make new friends. That being said, only 2 of the 3 spots are filled so far, so anyone want to move in?

Wow. This is the first time in years- possibly ever- that I have had this many female friends. Its a scary thought. The 8 year old version of me who only played with boys would be shaking her fist.

"Everyone escapes, everyone escapes from the past, But they never mention, how to get back on the track"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home