Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"It's 4:30 A.M. on a Tuesday, It doesn't get much worse than this"
-Why Do I Keep Counting?, The Killers

My job interview is over and done with, so here's hoping. History Television only employs 7 people. That's weird.

I randomly put up a profile on one of those dating sites, just out of curiosity. I wanted to see how weird and random I could be and still get responses. I put things like I like cats, cheese, Honest Ed's, making fun of David Hasselhoff, and drinking gin. I also put that I'm somewhat mean, will tell you you have terrible taste in music, and enjoy talking like a pirate. In less than 12 hours I've had a total of 36 separate responses. I wasn't prepared for that. I also never thought about the future and actually having to talk to and/or meet and converse with men. There's me being anti-social. The best are the far out responses I've gotten by men who are full of themselves. About half of the responses are from seemingly nice and funny guys, but for every promising lead I get the "No Fat Chicks" guy.

"And ain't this position familiar, darling, Well, all monkeys do what they see"

One guy said, and I quote: "You don't have to be skinny but you can't be fat. You can't make me look bad if we're in public." Another genius said, "Women love me so if you're interested hurry up and reply." Then there's the odd guy who thinks that even though he's not what I'm looking for, he can convince me otherwise by sending a shirtless photo of himself as if I'll forgive the fact that he has a wife and is 38 years old. This is a fun social experiment at best. Maybe I'll find someone new to make out with at the Dance Cave. It is my favourite past time afterall.

"You got an attitude of everything I ever wanted"

I managed to walk into HMV and only buy The Killers CD. Damn HMV. Everything is $9.99, including new CDs. you know that only spells trouble for me.

Songs I'm Still Not Tired Of:

Out of My Head- Mobile
Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Maneater- Nelly Furtado
Is It Any Wonder?- Keane
Heart in a Cage- The Strokes

"Please help me stay awake, I'm falling..."

2 Comments:

At 5:42 p.m., October 03, 2006, Blogger Heidi said...

Ugh! Are you out of your mind?! Stay away from those dating sites; they only spell d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r. Anyway, good luck with the manhunt. Be sure to pick out ones who don't have dandruff...cuz nobody likes that shit. That would just be whack, man.

 
At 11:23 a.m., October 04, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

Its so hilarious, I have to post bizarre profiles. You guys aren't in Toronto/Ottawa/Ontario any more! I need someone and something to amuse me!

And mow my email isn't working (but I blame my parents computer) so we'll have to wait and see what new messages I get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home