Sunday, October 01, 2006

"You've been thinking, And I've been drinking, We both know that it's just not right"
-If This is It, Huey Lewis and the News

There's a race war happening in my own backyard. it's between the opposing squirrel kingdoms of the Blacks and the Greys. I'm rooting for the Blacks. They're more aggressive and sneaky. Their plans of attack include hanging off of my deck by their back toes and scratchcng in the air as a form of training. They sort of fly at eachother and collide in mid-air while making this chattering sound. As a soundtrack, I always imagine the "Star Trek" theme Jim Carrey sings in The Cable Guy during the Medieval Times scenes. When the fighting dies down, I throw handfuls of peanuts into the middle to start them rioting again. I'm making the most of my time.

I've also been shopping- or faux shopping- as I just kind of wander around, not purchasing anything due to the current lack of job. And eating. Lots of eating. And breaking out one of my fave U2 albums: October (since it is October). And watching random shows on TV like this special on Roy Orbison on CMT. Don't ask why I happened to be watching the country music channel. There was one odd video starring Jennifer Connelley and Jason Priestly where all they did was make out in black and white while Roy sang on in the distance. I just can't escape Jason Priestly what with the Orbison video, my "90210" watching, and this random Profile show on Barenaked Ladies that I flipped by by accident. I'm taking a break now from watching a knight-themed movie marathon (first Knight, Robin Hood, The Messenger). It was either that or the 3rd consecutive airing of Turner and Hooch on TBS.

In my TV viewing, I did happen to catch what will possibly prove to be the greatest show if all time: Mr. T's reality self-help show, "I Pity the Fool." Sample interview highlight from Mr. T:

"I'm no Dr. Phil. 'Dr. Phil, what's wrong with me??' blah blah blah. I tell you what's wrong: you're a fool!"

I smell an Emmy for best reality show.

I also tried to convince my mom to buy me the "24" and "Amazing Race" boardgames. No dice. My mom said if I was bored, I should give the cat a bath and clean my room. Hence the knight-movie marathon. My Nana and I are going to see The Black Dahlia today which means I'll have to pre-empt the knights for another night (zing!). Nana has good taste in movies and I haven't been to a movie theatre in almost 3 months. And I have a girl crush on Scarlett Johansson so I want to see the movie, despite the inclusion of Josh Hartnett.

"So let me go, or make we want to stay"

4 Comments:

At 7:47 p.m., October 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's strange reading your blog without having the slighthest of clue what you've been doing... it's now a hilarious surprise everytime I read. You would be happy to know that I didn't fall out of the boat this week-end and I almost caught a fish (which was more than the guys who were with me could do)! Have fun going to the movies with your nana! 2 more months to go......

 
At 5:06 a.m., October 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i condemn you for having a girl crush on such a BAD actress... good-looking though she may be.

Your Knight night should also include 'A Knight's Tale', 'A Kid in King Arthur's Court', 'Garden State' and the episode of 'Married with Children' where they go to England, if you're a completist.

and one more thing...

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ain't got noboooooooooooooooody!

(no one stops me from quoting David Lee Roth!)

s.

 
At 11:11 a.m., October 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dammit! i've had 'just a gigolo' (DLR version, naturlich) in my head all weekend. it started at the ballet on friday and continued until yesterday, and now thanks to stupid mcneil it is back. eat it, bitchface.

and listen: scarlett johanssen is the whole reason the game 'snuff film' was invented.

m.

 
At 5:29 p.m., October 03, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

Fuck. That's DLR song is back in my head. And the accompanying video.

McNeil: clever "Garden State" reference. You know I love anything associated with the Sarsgaard.

My girl crush is solely based on looks. I care not for Ms. Johansson's talent or lack thereof. Besdies, she was jsut named the "World's Sexiest Woman" or something, so it appears as though I have good taste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home