Thursday, October 05, 2006

"Staring into the fire before TV, the remote-control's on Mars"
-Sherpa, Tragically Hip

One of my new roommates was an extra in Breakfast on Pluto. She has an Irish accent. I love her. We're going to see some sort of comedy sketch show or something Saturday night. I didn't hear the details. I'll agree to anything when I'm tired.

I had another round of interviews for the History channel job. Surprised me because they said they were only doing one interview. Maybe that's what they tell everyone at the beginning so the losers don't get discouraged. Hopefully, I'll soon be gainfully employed instead of sitting around on the couch watching movies on TV that I already own on DVD (Big Fish).

"we conspired against old friends, we said we must be friends or die"

My random ads online have attracted much attention. Mostly for the David Hasselhoff comments and the "you must be mildly sane, realtively clean, and somewhat clever" requirement. I once made up a pop culture quiz that I was going to give potential men. Shane is the only one who ever took it given the boredom induced in Martin Landau's class (what is is real damn name?). it was on the important stuff like what is Bono's real name (okay, that was the easiest question and the only one I can remember.) Shane passed, but that was to be expected. I should re-invent that quiz to weed out potentials. In the end, it's the size of your record collection that counts.

I've only been riding the subways for 2 days now, but I've already stumbled across Random Crazy Talking Man. You know, the one who just kind of stands by the door and talks non-stop about anything. The kind of guy where people say, "Excuse me, are you talking to me?" before they realize he's nuts. Today's nutcase looked just like Hugh Laurie (or Dr. House, if you must). Another crazy guy was yelling at seagulls outside of Zellers. He had a sock tied around his neck and a fluffy red hat on. This is what has been missing in my life while I was away. I'm glad the crazy guys have come out to welcome me back to the city. The only issue if I get this new job is that I am no longer in the heart of CrazyTown (and not that terrible band of the same name) at the Church/Jarvis/Queen Sts. area. That's kind of sad.

"And we spoke long, at length of the fight or flee, and of nothing in particularly underneath the cannonball tree"

I think I'll treat myself to a little movie marathon tomorrow at Rainbow Cinemas since I have $4.25 to spare. But we'll see. It's gotten alarmingly cold the past two night (3 degrees? Is that a typo?") so we'll see if I dare to venture outside. I'm still spoiled by the Japanese weather and am having a hard time adjusting to the temperatures here. Especailly since now I no longer live in the overly hot room in the apartment.

I'm always talking. Talking about nothing. But I still make myself laugh at night by thinking of random things.

"We're at the point where we love or hate it"

1 Comments:

At 5:15 a.m., October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faulkner!... his name was Faulkner!! I just remembered!

I think I remember your quiz having a 'complete the lyric' section, but that's all I remember.

and if you're going to Rainbow Cinemas, you have to see at least 2 movies on one entry. $4.25 per movie may be designed to keep the clientele honest, but it's exactly the reason to see at least 2 per visit. Make the 2nd movie a shitty one too, just for spite. Sweet sweet spite.

s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home