Thursday, October 12, 2006

“Searching for signs of life but there's nobody home.”
Good, Better than Ezra (I’d like to thank Much Music for reminding me of this terrible song)

I’m not handling unemployment well. It’s surprising since while actually employed I try to do as little as possible. I could just sit at a desk “working” for 8 hours without any problems. Here, I’m left to fend for myself, wandering around the apartment, watching daytime talk shows, eating sour candy, and reading a multitude of books. I’m bored out of my mind and I haven’t even been in Toronto for a solid week straight. On the other hand, I really don’t want to have to physically work and put the effort into going outside to be at a place of business for some pre-determined time. My standard uniform as of late has been a pair of ripped jeans and random t-shirts. I’d hate to break with that tradition and wear something decent.


“Sitting around the house, watching the sun trace shadows on the floor.”

Besides being screwed over by the library- how is it possible that every book I put on hold 6 months ago and more recent ones have all decided to show up this week? The only calls I get are from the automated library voice telling me to haul ass over and claim said books….I have been spending some time with 2 of the new roommates. Yenni and the Irish and I will possibly partake in The Mod Club’s Halloween festivities (note to Heidi & Eve: Mod Club for New Years?), barring the fact that I am currently not in the possession of a costume or a vague idea as to what/whom to go as. Someone should go as Zanta, other than the real Zanta. I wonder if he’d freak out (become sane???) if he were to be confronted with his doppelganger? I wonder what he'll do tonight since snow is in the forecast (!!!). Wearing a shirt is not an option.

Other than the word that Alliance Atlantis were calling my references on Tuesday, I’m still out of the loop on if I am employed or not. I did see an ad asking for people to dress up in “Medieval costumes” and parade around the downtown core, handing out flyers for a costume shop for Halloween. I’m intrigued to say the least.


“Well, maybe I'll call or write you a letter.”

I also have a date this weekend. I’ve never actually been on a date. (Kate, help me). Advice? That’s what I get for having an extreme disapproval of strangers and only romancing fellow school chums. We’ll see if either of us decides to show up. Or maybe I should show up with Zanta. Better yet, what if it is Zanta who is meeting me? The possibilities are endless. But the dude- not Zanta, the one I have a date with- has proven himself when it comes to music, film, Dance Caving, hassling the Hoff, and the rest of the important things via email in the past 1.5 weeks.


“But I'm not too sure, and I'm not too proud.”

Top 5 “Yes Heidi, that Evanescence song is popular with the idiots” new Songs I Hate (big on the CanCon):

Call Me When You’re Sober- Evanescence
Gunnin’- Hedley
Too Little Too Late- Jojo
Put Me On – Swollen Members (seriously??? These guys at still a band???)
Red Flag- Billy Talent… honestly, first time I saw this video, I thought the flags were pink and thought, “How nice. Pink flags in support of breast cancer awareness month”

“Well, maybe I'm just too sure.”

2 Comments:

At 10:28 p.m., October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! A DAte?!? when, where, who is it? I want/need the details so I can give you advice/live vicariously through you! How exciting!

 
At 2:21 a.m., October 13, 2006, Blogger Heidi said...

I've never been to Mod Club, so if it's a cool place and you guys want to go there for New Year's, I'm up for it.
Good luck on the date, give us all the details.
xxoxoxo H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home