Thursday, October 26, 2006

"Looking rough and living strange, And I know that you've got a taste for it too "
-Don't Look Back Into the Sun, The Libertines

Meh.

I’m still jobless but it’s actually not that big of a concern. Yet. I’ve turned down two jobs: one at Costco and one as a writer for some online website. I know, you’re thinking, “why the hell would anyone turn down a writing gig when they’re unemployed?” Precisely because it would take me over and hour and a half to get there on a good day via TTC. Just because a company says it’s located in “downtown Toronto” doesn’t make it true. And my interview for “Producer’s Assistant” was a bust as well. Seems a more accurate description should have been “Receptionist.” And they’re interviewing 18 people for the position!

It’s also proving to be a lot more expensive to take the bus/train to O-Town than I had imagined. The bus is more money than the train and it would take me a whopping 11 hours to get there. GTFO (or “get the fuck out,” if you will). But that won’t stop me from making the trip since there are people to see to, Zaphod’s to attend, and small cats to put on cat shows with.

Last night I went for Korean BBQ with random dude (although not a date since this is someone that I just randomly chat with and have no interest in) and then to a party with Dan which was mostly filled with TIFF people (if I get an interview with them I can pull out the whole, “I saw you at that party…” line). The party was fun in just having drinks and meeting people. As well, the true bonus was that since it was a going away party for a couple moving to Korea (yeah, good timing on that one), they were giving away loads of their things…namely CDs. So Dan and I made out like bandits. Or maybe not since even I didn’t know half of the bands and/or there was a large selection of Goo Goo Dolls, Sarah McLachlan, and the like. But I did pick up CDs by Pavement, Test Icicles, Neko Case, James, a Sub Pop label compilation, and a Specials CD of them covering random songs (who covers “Somebody Got Murdered,” “Dirty Old Town,” and Bob Marley on the same CD?). Also, the crowing achievement of last night’s haul: a wooden tiki candleholder and Deliverance: The Musical on VHS. To you its all junk, to me, it’s golden.


"Starts so fast and ends so slow, All the time I had to think of you "

I also scored a Halloween costume in Kensington market. It had been my intention to go as a boy scout because it was cheap, easy, and required little effort. As I was perusing the racks at a vintage shop, I happened along the school uniforms and cheerleading costumes. Lo and behold, there was an embroidered cheerleading jacket with “Rachel” on it. I took it as a sign and went for the skirt and jacket combo to be a cheerleader. I haven’t decided to go as a living or dead one yet. Yenni is going as a dead bride so maybe the two of us will make a good pair of the deceased.


Tonight, Justin and I are going to see Shortbus which is either a very good idea, or a very bad one for a date. If you can’t figure out why, then you clearly have no idea what the film is about. And then for beer, which I may be in desperate need of after the movie.

"Oh my friend you haven't changed "

Last 5 Songs I've Listened To (aka "Do Your Worst, Shuffled Playlist" Mix):

Wayne- Chantal Kreviazuk
Oh You Pretty Things- David Bowie
Driftwood- Travis
Bling (Confession of a King)- The Killers
Under My Thumb- Rolling Stones

"You got your past, but you are on the run "

2 Comments:

At 2:32 p.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shortbus can´t be any worse than th date I went on to see ´American Psycho´ (not my choice)... however, there IS more self-fellatio in the latter.

Severe slap on the wrists for having Kreviazuk on your iPod.

s.

 
At 2:34 p.m., October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

former, not latter... more self-fellatio in Shortbus.

I gotta get back to English speaking countries...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home