Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"There's something in my head, Somewhere in the back said, We were just a good thing"
-Midnight Show, The Killers

First of all, this is the first time I am on MSN in weeks and not a single one of you is online. For shame.

Secondly, I just had THE BEST date ever!

Not saying much since it’s only the second date I have ever been on.

But I went to the Rivoli for sketch comedy night with my date who is a York film grad. This time no age guessing since I knew we were more like the same age, give or take a year. Comedy night was mediocre. There were a few standouts. I love Ron Sparks in general because he’s on my favourite show, "Video on Trial." And there was another funny guy whose name I can’t remember but that’s more than likely due to the amount of alcohol consumed by me tonight. BTW, no, I’m not drunk nor intoxicated enough to make a fool of myself as in the “I know, let’s throw Dirk’s shoes around Zak’s” mode. The worst sketch of the night was like something that even I wouldn’t have put on in my own basement, drunk, and with hand puppets. It basically revolved around some brothel and the highlight was when they threw hotdogs – buns and all- at this girl but even that wasn’t as funny as it could have been. The best part of that act was unintentional when the prop table collapsed. And also when my date won this really ugly Comedy Network shirt that was silver and shiny like a robot. With speed holes.
AND, BEST SKETCH EVER: one sketch troupe did a Zanta sketch. I was in tears. It was set up that Ms. Zanta was ironing her husband’s hat for work and then the next thing you knew, dude tears off his pants and he’s in shorts with his Santa hat doing the best “Yes yes yesss!” and flexing since the real Zanta came down Yonge St. I love Zanta in all forms: real or as part of a sketch joke.


"I wanna take you a midnight show tonight"

My date was hilarious. I laughed non-stop. And I think both of us were weird enough not to weird the other one out. He had the personality or me/Mairin/Shane if that paints an accurate picture. But nicer than we are. Although that may just be first date sort of niceness because even I wasn’t all “let’s go punch babies in the head and tell Ratzinger he looks like a zombie”, although both came up in conversation (him, not me). He looked like….Shane. But taller (not that you’re short McNeil. You know I love you and I miss you and want you to come home for the Oscars. And the Dance Cave.). But that should give you a mental picture anyway.

After the Rivoli we went to the Red Room where I discovered that the following was scrawled on the wall of the women’s washroom: “David Spade is to actors as Adolf Hitler is to 21 year old German virgins.” I didn’t understand it an hour ago, and I don’t understand it now. And don’t get the wrong idea either that this was discovered while having sex in the washroom or something. Please. It was the first date. And this isn’t Zaphod’s or the Dance Cave. Although both came up in conversation.


"I drive faster, boy"

It ended with a hug and what could be considered a dare in the “I bet we couldn’t finish up 3 pitchers next time” sense, so we shall see. He just loses points for his taste in music. Not that he loves Hip hop or thrash metal, but in that he likes weird, old, dead people. But still, he dances at the Cave, which, as you all know, scores high in my books.
In other news, no job for me. I’ve half-assed applied to things, but am no way motivated to actually work. As there are still funds in my bank account, I’m still content to lay about reading library books and watching daytime TV.


Tomorrow is Carrie-Anne's b-day so we're having a surprise party. Hopefully she doesn't read this blog. But it's always fun to hang out with her and Dan, even if it means I have to tape America's Next Top Model and Lost. And I'm going to watch Much on Demand tomorrow to try to win Killers wristbands to keep me from buying $250 tickets for their show online (they were freakin' $36 tickets!). I haven't won anything in a while.

I know you're all relying on me for humourous date stories, but as of now, I have nothing else planned this week, so far.

"Make it go away without a word, But promise me you'll stay"

7 Comments:

At 9:09 a.m., October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully understand my place in the world, height-wise... and realize that while I am by no means 'short' there do exist taller people in the world.

He may be taller, but he's likely some kind of weird foot-fetishist. Nevertheless, I hope it works out.

s.

 
At 1:00 p.m., October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Rachel, if he is a weird foot-fetishist, I have some shoes you can borrow...

 
At 5:49 a.m., October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Kate, forgot that foot fetishes were a bit of a sensitive issue round the 67 High Park Blvd. household.

s.

 
At 12:48 p.m., October 19, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

Ahhh the shoes....

Maybe I should have come to Ottawa for Halloween, borrowed your shoes, and gone out as a dominatrix.

Save them for when your a lawyer and casually stroll into court with them on.

 
At 2:34 p.m., October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like way tooo much fun!
GOOD TIMES - cave this weekend?
- the blogger once known as laurendorphin

 
At 3:03 a.m., October 20, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

yes Lauren, I shall call you tomorrow to confirm Saturday's Cave/Green Room plans.

I would call you know but it's 2:55am on a thursday and I'm drunk.

 
At 8:52 a.m., January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have seen ron sparks at the rivoli, very funny. the alt-comedy lounge rocks my socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home