Wednesday, November 01, 2006

“At the devil's party nothing's a sin, At the devil's party we know where you've been“
-Devil’s Party, INXS

Whoo hoo! I gots me a job. I’m now a producer’s assistant at a little TV/Film production company. It’s for slightly less money than the last job (less as in what I’ve spent on booze and movies this past week), but this time I actually get raises every 4 months. Fuck everything else, I have a job in production! It’s pretty swell since I just had my second interview 3 hours ago and the dude was already calling to tell me I’m awesome. I’m glad I woke up from my nap for that. I start Wednesday, which means tomorrow is shopping spree day.

In other news, I have another date tonight with Justin- also why the shopping spree has to wait until tomorrow. I am going to try not to randomly barf in a park or anywhere else tonight, but now that I have a job, all bets are off when it comes to alcohol consumption. I love dating other film majors…we’re able to have complete conversations about vampire films, Mickey Rooney, montage sequences, and who has the most impressive DVD collection (I lose, but only on account of villainy. I win the coveted VHS AND Beta prize). I prefer obscure titles over quantity and/or quality. Just being able to see Sarsgaard at the touch of a button is my reward. Yay! So many fun things going on this week that I’ll have plenty to gossip about with Kate and Nat at lunch on Friday in O-Town before hitting up Zaphod’s on Saturday avec Dirk. Makes me kinda sad that I didn’t hang with Dirk for Halloween. I really miss the “Excuse me, are you prostitutes or is that your costume?”


“I might believe it's love, you might believe it's war“

Which brings me to my dirty early train that I have to catch on Friday morning. Ugh, I’ll actually have to try to catch the first subway train around 6am to get to Union station for Via Rail. Maybe I won’t even go to bed.

I dressed up in a kimono and handed out Halloween candy last night on the front porch. Or I should say I dressed up in a kimono and ate Halloween candy on the porch. Kudos to the 8 year old dressed as Elvis who gave me a “Thank you, thank you very much” when I handed him a Snickers bar and some Fuzzy peaches. After gorging on candy, the roomies and I sat around to watch the classic Black Christmas, filmed at U of T and starring a young, pre-crazy Margot Kidder and Andrea Martin. Everyone was frightened except me who kept yelling out things like, “Someone is so going to get a hook in the face,” “Dude, seriously, it’s the boyfriend. I know that and it’s only 20 minutes into the film,” and “Is that dude wearing a knee length mink coat?” (he was). For anyone who has watched a horror film with me, you know I ruin them for you. Case in point, if you all refer back to the Forsey Halloween party where The Shining was openly mocked for all its “Tony” glory (although I do heart it). Yenni made me sit and watch CSI with her afterwards because she was afraid to be alone until I whined too much and she let me go watch House. No one wanted to watch Candyman with me either because they claimed it was too scary.


“When you're on fire you burn like the rest“

Top 5 I'm Listening to on Repeat today (aka the "Why Should I listen to the radio when I have 5 good songs here?":

Valerie- The Zutons
Devil’s Party- INXS
News and Tributes- The Futureheads
Birds- Moving Units
Lucas With the Lid Off- Lucas


“Oh, lonely days of the road to excess“

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home