Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Wake up, The dawn of another dull day"
-Another Day, U2


Okay I've gotten a little lax on the blog updating this week (and note that lax for me is 3 days, not 3 months Eve!). There's a lot afoot this week so this will be a long post, so grab some coffee or Boone's and read on.

Let's start with 2 of the most unusual dreams I have this week before I forget the vivid details.
The most disturbing one was the one where I had a baby. I didn't actually birth it, I have no idea where it came from, how it got there, or which man was responsible for it. I was late for a movie and I kept having to make all these stops at mundane places like the bank, grocery store, etc. Each time I went into a store I would forget my baby there in the meat section or on the counter, or at the post office. People kept chasing me saying I forgot my baby. As I walked down the street they would hiss, "You're a bad mother" at me. My biggest concern was that I was late for the movie. I don't think this dream is an indicator of a ticking biological clock, a thawing of the heart and uterus when it comes to offspring, but was merely induced by Dan's anger towards a baby that was present at a screening of Stranger than Fiction.


The second dream has no context whatsoever other than part of it involved Shane who lived in a room of sand and had a futon matress that was filled with human heads. Except they weren't real heads, they were made out of the same foamy substance as stress balls. Eve was also featured in this dream yelling at me for not wearing enough purple. And Shane had a moustache which proves it was also Movember in my dream. He looked like this:


"Last night, Head against the wall"

And now for the weekly recap:
The YM and I went to a comedy night with Sean Cullen at The Drake, which aside from a Bing Crosby joke that only I would ever find funny (with the exception of Shane and Mairin) I didn't find the show that amusing. Zack Werner from "Canadian Idol" was there and he was not funny, just an irritating ass. And if I didn't like it, you know it was bad. It was a last minute thing that I was coerced into since I had been planning on spending the night in my pajammas immersed in a "House"/"Law & Order" marathon. And I didn't get to watch the last 5 minutes of the "Full House" episode I was watching. Now I'll never know what happened to Uncle Jesse and his girlfriend the musician.


I was also yelled at constantly by people on Tuesday: a crazy dude on the streetcar, and man/girl at Starbucks (I spoke to It and still couldn't determine gender), a man at the bank, and I was heckled at by a school girl: "hey! hey you in the skirt! When was the last time you washed your hands??? OMG! That girl doens't wash her hands!" She reminded me of me as a child.

"Stop, shake out, They come my way"


Last night I went to the Red Room for dinner with a friend I made while volunteering in October who ended up getting a job down the street from me with a former employee of my company and owns a house in High Park. It was good food as always but the amount of bugs was incredible. We saw two cockroaches (small babies) at the table as they came out of the wall. It's November, should bugs be elsewhere, and why are they at the Red Room? Mildly disgusted, i still ate my dinner. Last night's music selection: Nirvana's Nevermind, an Elvis album, and something I didn't recognize. So not good music on the whole.

Dirk is coming to stay with me tonight! We're hitting the Cave with Lauren and Yenni (and maybe more) tomorrow. I'm so excited for Caving to relive the good old days.
And the Mexican is pondering a visit over Easter which sounds likely, and Eve, Nat and I scored Emily Haines tickets. Also considering a New Years party...especailly if Nat's trip with the Om doesn't pan out. It's my turn to have you for New Years.


In prep for faux-new U2 CD week (2 new songs techinically count as a new album) here's my U2 Top 5 b-sides:

Happiness is a Warm Gun
North and South of the River
Walk to the Water
Holy Joe
Spanish Eyes


"When night turns to day"

2 Comments:

At 5:32 a.m., November 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time, perchance you could use the styrofoam heads to dress up your otherwise bland and disinteresting baby...

Alternative 5 U2 B-sides:
1. Hallelujah, Here She Comes
2. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
3. Satellite of Love (you had one cover, so I'll bend my own rules)
4. Trash, Trampoline & Party Girl
5. Fast Cars

 
At 10:15 a.m., November 17, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

I'd argue that Fast Cars doesn't count as a b-side since it's only N. American album versions that don't include it (mine does!). And Two Shots is more of a single than a b-side - at least that's the logic I took by not including it on my list, nor A Celebration or Boy/Girl. But meh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home