Tuesday, November 21, 2006

“Ain't no other man, That can stand, up next to you, Ain't no other man
On the planet, does what you do”

-Ain’t No other Man, Christina Aguilera

I’ve stumbled across something to pair with Jekyll and Hyde: The Musical….
The Ten Commandments: The Musical…wait for it…starring Val Kilmer as Moses!




It could only be a good thing.
And I guess the odd thing is is that Val Kilmer already has played both Moses AND God in The Prince of Egypt.

It looks like I’m back on my winning streak again: I won a 3 week free trial with Rogers Video new online rental system.

And we got a random FedEx package from California at work that came with bizarre American "licorice" in it. it's no Twizzlers. You'd be surprised how quickly gross licorice from the US disappears when there are editors and producers around.


And Dolly Parton is in the city today.

I really have nothing else to say because nothing can compare with the Ten Commandments in musical form. If only the Hoff could make a cameo while wearing his Goofy hat…

And yes, I did dedicate today’s song to Kilmer and Hoff in the hopes that they one day find each other on screen.

“You got soul you got class, You got style, you're badass”

6 Comments:

At 11:47 p.m., November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't include the sly Eddie Murphy talking about his smash hit "Party all the Time" on Oprah yesterday...oh wait, now that you're "working", I'm the only one sitting on my arse watching daytime television....

 
At 4:43 a.m., November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, I was doing okay with the desert version of Christmas I'm getting until I remembered the glory that is The Festive Special.

What's wrong with the world when you can't get Dirk out to the DC? Or do I have company in thinking we're too old for it...

I'm also demanding you find access to a DVD burner if you do not already have it. Or I could just bring Jekyll & Hyde over for a marathon.

 
At 10:16 a.m., November 22, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

Co-incidentally, The Ten Commandments: The Musical was released on DVD yesterday. McNeil, I say we rent it as part of a trilogy with Bail Out and Jekyll and Hyde while eating Festive Specials to celebrate your return home for the holidays.

The real challenge will be to answer which film is the worst?

And I don't think it's that we're too old for the Cave, it's that we're too tall for it: lots of almost dwarves and midgets on Friday. Dirk would have towered above them all...there's also nowhere else to go when you're really cheap.

 
At 10:16 a.m., November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too old....maybe. but young at heart? always. and by heart, i mean mentally. as in, i have to act yougn sometimes to escape my frighteningly adult existence.
- L-boogie

 
At 4:52 a.m., November 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L-boogie... when your students see you there and are all like "Hey, that's funny my friend saw HER teacher, Mr. Payne, here yesterday" you'll see how far that young at heart racket goes.

Westy, I think that trilogy would make my head explode, and it's foolish to think anything could be worse than BAIL OUT... that's what makes it the best.

 
At 9:57 a.m., November 23, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm all for upgrading to classier digs than the Cave, but I have yet to be met with anything as cheap or as musically interesting this side of Zaphods (where last time we were the young ones there...the strip club must have runneth over) and where giving the Tim Robbins is both welcome and marginally called for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home