Friday, November 24, 2006

“You caught me under false pretensesHow long before you let me go?”
-Supermassive Black Hole, Muse

Comedy night last night was fun. I realized why I like Debra DiGiovanni: she’s me 100 lbs heavier and 11 years older. Seriously. She makes lists, loves cats, and hates people. See, I told you.


It was a fun night out and save for the one old dude comic who wasn’t funny, everyone else was good: Fraser Young whom I love anyway (I love anyone on “Video on Trial”), Mark Bennett, some guy named Dave, and Debra who was the headliner. Of course, we should have learned from our experience that the minute you bring one dude out with a bunch of girls, he’s getting picked on by every comic and a lot of “Am I right, man?” shout outs. Of course, we had prime tables right in front of the stage. Also when comics inevitably ask where you’re from, being with two Irish and a Norwegian also gets laughs for the rest of the night. It marked the first time all 4 of us who live together have gone out: Cassandra, Yenni, Carri, and Yenni’s friend Mel and John who are often hilarious and/or drunk.

Saturday is Yenni’s official goodbye party at Grace O’Malleys. Dan and I are going to spend the day in one of our patented movie marathons. We’re trying to cram in For Your Consideration, Volver, and Babel. We should be able to do it with some running across Bloor street between theatres in 20 minutes between shows. Then we’ll meet up with the crew at Grace’s.

“I thought I was a fool for no-one, Oh baby I'm a fool for you”

And just some random pics of us living the glamourous life.

I’ve also been tipped off about some sort of Swedish festival on Sunday which features free samplings and Swedish treats. I’m just going to see if there are any Swedish chef impersonators. And you know the Swedish Chef was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about this. “You're the queen of the superficial”

Top 5 Songs Played in a Row on my New Fave Station XFM London or Scotland (aka the “Freshen your drink Guv’ner” mix):

Tender- Blur
Walk Away- Franz Ferdinand
Whoo! Alright- The Rapture
Cash Machine- Hard-fi
Local Boy- The Rifles

My day is off to a good start.

“You set my soul alight”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home