Thursday, November 23, 2006

“Nobody ever had a dream round here, but I don't really mind that it's starting to get to me”
-Sam’s Town, The Killers

This weekend will be whimsically drunken since its Yenni my Irish roommate’s last weekend rockin’ the T-dot like Shawn Desmond. Put me in a room with the Irish and my other roommates Carri and Cassandra and just wait for the slurred speech and finger pointing to punctuate the sentences that end with “…your mom.”

We’re starting the weekend early tonight at a comedy club to see Debra DiGiovani, one of my favourites from “Video on Trial.” Yenni and I saw her last month as an MC but tonight she’s headlining so it should be hilarious.

The roommates and I lounged around watching The Wedding Date, a God-awful movie I got as part of my 3 weeks of free rentals from Rogers. The problem is that I end up renting crap because I’ve seen everything halfway decent already. But I’d also rather watch horrid garbage than another rerun of “Friends” (which are actually all new to me since I never watched the show the first time around). I ended up fast forwarding through the last 30 minutes and giving my own narration of events including characters’ voices- Durmot Mulroney never sounded so good. Follow that up with some “America’s Next Top Model” and you have yourself a party.

“"So why do you waste my time?" Is the answer to the question on your mind”

I think the YM in dunzo. He’s aggravating. And I don’t need to be agitated by someone who’s not my boyfriend. I think I’ll just ignore and/or shun him like a leper and see if he gets the hint. Eve, when you’re home, you can come out to speed dating with me and Dan. We can sign up for the same session and at least that way when Dan comes around I’ll have someone to make fun of the other people there with. And as a plus, any step towards dating is assurance for Dan’s mother and her warning from 1998 to, “please don’t ever marry Rachel.” Also on deck, singles nights at the Paramount theatre which for the price of the ticket includes two drinks and speed dating…and the movie. I’m not sure if dudes would want to give me their opinion on a film, especially if it was something lame because the first words out of my mouth would be, “What?! You liked that movie? What’s wrong with you?” But then again, at least that would narrow things down for me because if all you’re going to say is, “I liked it. It was good” then I have no space or time for you anyway.

“I've got this energy beneath my feet, like something underground's gonna come up and carry me”

Natalie and I have also gotten in the bad habit making up random sentences like, “I’m in ur head, eatin’ ur brainz” and “I’m in ur barnz, milkin’ ur cowz,” or “I’m in Jerusalem, slapping Jesus some skin.” The more ridiculous and horribly spelled, the better. For now, we’ll continue with this trend until it loses our interest. Which isn’t likely. Try it. Its fun.

“Have you ever seen the lights?”


Top 5 Songs Random Songs I’ve Thought About Today (aka “These Pretzels are Making Me Thirsty” Mix):

Got Your Money- ODB
Birds- Moving Units
Trouble- Shampoo
Little Red Book- Love
Hate to say I Told You So- the Hives


“But I know that I can make it,as long as somebody takes me home...”

3 Comments:

At 8:11 a.m., November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trouble by Shampoo??

I'm on ur blogz, judgin' ur muzikz.

 
At 9:22 a.m., November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eve loves that song. It reminds me of her. I had no idea what it was until she sang it (wonderfully) for me.

 
At 11:49 a.m., November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in ur skoolz, coruptin ur chilen ?

- L boogie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home