Monday, December 04, 2006

"I haven’t thought of you, For years you know, Your memory seems to come and go"
-Wonderful Life, Gwen Steafni

I just saw a dog walk down the street on his two hind legs, like a man. I’m not easily impressed, especially when it comes to dogs, but this impressed me. He was very tall. Give him a trench coat and a fedora and he’d look just like Warren Beatty.



I went home this weekend to decorate the Xmas tree and was warned that my parents house has mice. If I am good, I might get to keep one for Christmas, or so my Dad tells me. There was also some avid squirrel watching as the results of the Squirrel Race Wars came up Black. The Blacks have now moved in and were perched along the railing on my deck showing off their mad squirrel skillz. It’s as if they were saying, “I’m on ur deckz, eatin’ ur plantz,” which they very well were doing. I should somehow instigate a Squirell vs. Mouse combat. Something to look forward to in the winter months ahead.
"I thought of you again today "

I started Christmas shopping but managed to come home with just as much stuff, if not more, for me. I just can’t resist a good sale, especially when it involves a New Years Eve outfit, very Mod Club, even if it is a tad “Sienna Miller” for me. At least I put a dent in my Christmas shopping. I’m far too lazy without a car here in the city to do any real gift buying.

It was a festive weekend at home, drinking apple cider and watching those holiday classics, Corpse Bride and Dawn of the Dead (actually really good). And I witnessed my first snow of the year as I was unloading the Christmas tree for my apartment last night. That’s right- we have a tree at my place this year, complete stockings hung by the chimney with care…a very festive holiday setting which we can all get drunk and obnoxious in.
Eve is returning to us Wednesday- and by “us” I really mean me since there are no other Carleton grads in the city- so maybe I’ll get to see her this week. The jetlag from Japan takes a few days to shake, so I don’t think the Cave is in the cards unless Eve is desperate…or I can prop her up the corner the way I was punished by my first trip to Roppongi in Tokyo and my first time falling asleep in da club.
"Why’d you have to say goodbye "

2 Comments:

At 10:10 p.m., December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Rachel, you know I love you like the sister I never wanted, but can you please update your blog on a more regular basis. I'm in exams and it's hard to procrastinate with the same "dog with no hands" post all the time.
Thanks man!

 
At 10:58 a.m., December 08, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

Sorry dude, I was busy at work thsi week. I'll be more punctual next week

 

Post a Comment

<< Home