Thursday, November 30, 2006

“Sidewalk social scientist don't get no satisfaction from your cigarette”
-11:59, Blondie


Today’s been going smokingly well thus far: I somehow managed to get to work before 9am, was the only one here for a solid 35 minutes which I spent chattin gonlien with Shane discussing moustaches and Threadless shirts, then I broke the printer, and now get to revise transcripts for a documentary we made before sending it off to it’s German broadcasters. Then I plan on making a trip to the bankt o deposit the company’s thousands of dollars and wander around Queen St all on the company’s dime. It’s 16 degrees out (that’s Global Warming for you) and I feel like ice cream. There’s also all these bottle of beer in the office leftover from show screenings. Unfortunately, it’s still a bit too early in the am to crack open a keith’s.

“Lock up all your memories, get outta here, you know that we can run”


I decided not to be quite as big of a jerk for once and accepted an invitation to dinner (Green Room. Albums played: Stars, Marvin Gaye) with the YM last night. When he brought up the “how would you define 'us'?” I wasted no time in saying, “There’ s an 'us' to define?” Basic summary of the conversation is that we will be friends, which I can see really working. I said in the beginning that I could see us just being friends instead of romantically linked which is fine by me. With all of you returning hoem for Xmas or for good like Eve and with family Christmas things happening, I don’t really have enough time to be fair to the YM. And he did rank a distant 3rd in terms of men I’ve been with, although he is somewhat funny and amusing so he gets credit there.

“Wait until the morning, take tomorrow by the hand”

So Mod Club then? Are we all on board for New Years? Eve and I can go shopping for something pretty to wear for New Years again this year, but this time we won’t actually wait until New Years Eve. Or I’m just going to end up wearing my new Threadless shirts, dress code be dammed! I just hope they fit, American Appearal shirt look like they run small….hmmm, I guess I’ll just have to order more shirts to figure it out.

I’m fighting off a cold and propping myself up with BSS which for whatever reason has been in heavy rotation lately.

Top 5 Songs to Match My Mood (aka the “What did I Do to Deserve Such a Good Day?” mix):

Fire Eye’d Boy- BSS
My Generation- The Who
Analyse- Thom Yorke
A Gift- Lou Reed
Can’t Get Out of Bed- the Charlatans


“Today can last another million years”

3 Comments:

At 12:32 p.m., December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm the original mod. it's true. my parents are british. i'm so there!
-L boogie

 
At 12:08 p.m., December 02, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

sweet...we'll be a huge army of people at new years! I'm guessing Patrick is also in? (if not that would be quite cruel)

 
At 2:39 a.m., December 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know my feelings on the place these days, but I thought I'd float out that Dance Cave is also doing a new year's for only $10, as a cheap and informal alternative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home