Friday, December 08, 2006

“Don't the hours grow shorter as the days go by,You never get to stop and open your eyes”
-Lovers in a Dangerous Time, Bruce Cockburn (no, it isn’t a Barenaked Ladies song)

He’s back. I saw him. He’s out for the holidays. It’s the Korean light tiger! I almost climbed him for old time’s sake. But I thought better of it. This way we can all share in the moment together over the holidays when the majority of you return to the city from whence thee came. Since I saw the tiger on Wednesday, I’ve been singing Dirk’s “I’m a light tiger” song ever since (to the tune of “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child).

“One day you're waiting for the sky to fall”

You know it’s a Friday when you see a single man riding a tandem bicycle across the lawn of a house on your street. Shortly thereafter I saw a boy on a unicycle. Outside of the circus, I had only seen people on unicycles in the Jap. So far it’s been a strange day and it’s only 10am.

“The next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all”

I’ve finally gotten into the legitimate Christmas spirit and not just the faux put-upon feeling I get for the Santa Claus Parade and the decorating of the Christmas tree (as artificial as it may be). I think it was the snow. Or the light tiger’s appearance. And the impending threat of a snowstorm that can blanket the city at any time. Or the –19 degrees with the windchill temperature which make me want nothing but chocolate. But more than likely due to the fact that my roommates and I all watched the beloved stop-action “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” with my favourite character the Winter Warlock. I also got bonus props from the household for knowing that the villain in the show was Burgermeister Meisterburger, a fact which I assumed was common knowledge.

Carri and I are thinking of going to visit Yenni in Ireland in May. We’ll see how it turns out and what my other options for travel are.

“Sometimes you're made to feel as if your love's a crime”

Top 5 Christmas-themed Music Videos (aka “The ‘90s were too Cool for Christmas Videos” ):

Jingle Bell Rock- Hall and Oates
Reggae Christmas- Bryan Adams
Do They Know It’s Christmas- Band Aid
It’s Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- U2
Last Christmas- Wham!

“Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home