Friday, February 02, 2007

"Let it never be said, the romance is dead, 'Cause there's so little else occupying my head"
-Ruby, Kaiser Chiefs (my song o' the week)


You all know that right now, TBS must be playing Groundhog Day back to back to back to back...

"There is nothing I need, except the function to breathe, But I'm not really fussed, doesn't matter to me"

Since I really have no plan when it comes to this playlist thing, or any final goal to achieve with it, here's a list with all of your new suggestions plus the top 6 from last week. Again, I'll encourage listening to these songs before voting. We might need to cap it at 1 suggestion per person per week if y'all can't handle too many choices. Pick 6 and vote for them. And now, the smattering of randomness...

(and yes, i will find a better polling system, but I was too busy this week with legitimate work...and buying concert tickets).



Showcase Showdown- Pick Your top 6:
Exodus Damage by John Vanderslice
Ruby by Kaiser Chiefs
The Well and the Lighthouse by Arcade Fire
Black Flowers by Yo La Tengo
City on a River by Dumb Angel
Roscoe by Midlake
Africa by Toto
Second-Best Death by Maybe Smith
Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes by Paul Simon
Bac a Fleur by Les Trois Accords
One Marathon by Reverie Sound Revue
Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart
Ooh La by The Kooks
Slow Down by the Magic Numbers
Me and My Friend by Julie Dorion
Luscious Life by Patrick Watson
Instrumental by Eastborough
pollcode.com free polls

Free Mobile show tonight....they only way I'll go since it's for free. And my Vegas birthdya trip may actually turn out to be an Amsterdam or London getaway. My mom rocks. And she most certainly did go to college.

"What ya doing, doing to me?"

3 Comments:

At 1:29 p.m., February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy...

Shane's big brother here. Loved your poll idea and decided to follow suit.

I voted on yours, think you could vote on mine?

BTW, if it catches on and I decide to keep using it, I will TOTALLY give ya credit.

 
At 3:26 a.m., February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

credit comes before success, not after... reference the communist party shirt.

awesome, and accredited.

I agree with the one song suggestion per week, but it's also hard to download every little track, y'know? Maybe a czarist judgment as per what the 4 best suggestions are by you and then let us fight it out over which 6 stay?

 
At 12:10 p.m., February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I encourage and promote fighting amongst yourselves! Who ever gives the best pitch -ie reason why a song should, nay, must be included in the list- will be judged for which 4 deserve a spot based on your explanation and the actual song. Then those will be added to the top 6 from the previous week for voting?

Although I don't know what that does for my own pitches...all pitches are created equal, except some are more equal than others.

I am the supreme dictator of my own blog, so the choice is mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home