Tuesday, February 06, 2007

"If you leave, don't leave now, Please don't take my heart away"
-If You Leave, OMD

Results are in. This is your playlist for the week, in order with songs receiving the most votes:

Roscoe- Midlake
The Well and the Lighthouse- Arcade Fire
Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs
Ooh La- The Kooks
Africa- Toto
Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes- Paul Simon
Instrumental- Eastborough
Maggie Mae- Rod “The God” Stewart
Black Flowers- Yo La Tengo
Luscious Life- Patrick Watson

Midlake & Arcade Fire were tied with 7 votes a piece. We must bid adieu to the Old Man’s “Instrumental” entry along with Rod, Yo la Tengo, and Patrick Watson next week.
Start pitching your song and make it good- ONE song per person and the balls to back it up. Your reasoning can be anything from “The bassist is pretty” to “It has all the melodic components of an orchestral manoeuvre in the dark.” (Go OMD!) Being dictator of this blog, I pick the best 4 reasonings, my own pitches included. You’re all welcome to throw in what pitches to be included before the vote list appears at the end of the week (I’m saying Friday-ish this week since I’m slagging off work).


"But if you leave, don't look back, I'll be running the other way "

In a non-musically related segment: Bryna's rent chequed bounced. And she's in Florida fo ra week. Guess she couldn't steal enough money to pay rent. We're holding her CDs random (no, nothing good or worth thieving). Now she has Cassandra, Carri, me, and the landlord after her. As if she couldn't leave any faster...

"I need you now like I needed you then, You always said we'd still be friends someday "

7 Comments:

At 12:55 p.m., February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet-I love being first to post!
Eastborough really strikes my fancy as of late, partially because I loves me the drummer in real life, but mostly because Steph has an awesome voice for such a tiny lady in person, and they operate as a collective in the spirit of BSS, which I also heart. My choice of song is "All Us Sinners" which can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/iloveeastborough

***I also highly recommend checking out their EP, which is swat-tastic (and incidentally costs little monies): www.myspace.com/basementattickrecords
Later hermanos

 
At 2:06 p.m., February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with "Hospital Beds" by Cold War Kids because this song simultaneously makes me sad and makes me want to dance which is not an easy feat. Dude's voice reminds me of early Bono on October crossed with The Rapture. And a piano. It's my most re-played song of the week and completely compliments February sorrows (especailly when coupled with my lost $99.75 MetroPass).

And I am also sad that I can't make their concert in April with Tokyo Police Club.

http://www.myspace.com/coldwarkids

I like music.

 
At 5:58 p.m., February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am tempted to suggest something by My Chemical Romance just to get my little brother's teeth-a-gnashing, but I'll refrain.

Instead I'll suggest an new one that made a recent mix of mine, "No Tomorrow" by Orson. The guitar line and sing-a-long "Ooh ooh ooh-ooh"s are amazing to drive to. I also give it high marks for the great lyrics that really sum up getting ready to go out on a Saturday night.

Give it a listen, you WON'T be sorry!

 
At 6:40 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. could Nancy Reagan have pitched her choice ANY better to get West's attention.

2. We're all over 12, so a My Chemical Romance suggestion wouldn't go very far anyway, and suggesting that any of us hasn't heard 'No Tomorrow' is actually kinda offensive... behold my wrath.

3. My suggestion is 'Cowbell' by Tapes N' Tapes for several reasons including; the fact that everyone should be insanely pumped for how awesome their TO concert will be, that they will rock your faces off and melt your speakers with awesomeness and that everyone needs more 'Cowbell'

snap.

 
At 6:43 a.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very sly, 'Nancy'...

 
At 10:24 a.m., February 07, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

I've very wily and oh so smart with my many faux identities for song pitching.

The competition is heating up.

 
At 12:24 p.m., February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stickin' with the africa theme:
K'naan - "The African Way"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home