Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"I saw you one time at the back of the club chewing on glass and a ticket stub”
-Flathead, The Fratellis

The moment you’ve all been waiting for:

Live Forever- Oasis
Africa- Toto
Lovestoned- Shane’s boyfriend
Gimme Shelter- Rolling Stones
LDN- Lily Allen
Roscoe- Midlake
Magic Bus- the Who
Ice Age- Hawksley Workman
Ruby- Kaiser Chiefs
All My Friends- LCD Soundsystem

Oasis & Africa actually tied for first.
Midlake & Lily Allen are tied for last place.
And we say goodbye to the bottom 4 songs.

“They dont come much more sick than you”

I’m officially cutting myself off from concerts in the near future. As much as I love to prove my Ticketmastering skillz and however much MasterCard apprieciates my business, even I am starting to think that 4 concerts in 10 days, and 7 shows lined up for the next 2 and a half months is a bit excessive. Although I think we all know that my promises will be broken, just like the white man’s pact with the natives. This promise is only in place until someone like The Fratellis come to town or Tokyo Police Club plays a show I can go to. Or, in all far-fetched fantasies, U2 announce a surprise tour, Blur reunites, and Franz Ferdinand play somewhere other than the Ricoh Coliseum.

And as long as no one else lines up a show between May 7-16, I’m golden, and already am on tap for The Killers, Tapes n’ Tapes, Arcade Fire, and The Kooks which will be the most-consecutive non-U2 concerts I have ever seen. And I still have an extra Kaiser Chiefs/The Walkmen ticket up for grabs for April 18th…takers?

“Well hers is a tonic and mine is a gin”

And Sunrise has a random 2 for $20 DVD sale going on which provided me the oppourtunity to purchase the totally awesome combo of Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone (none of that American “Sorcerer’s Stone” titlage for me) and another copy of Dawn of the Dead (2004)

which will hopefully play chapter 15, unlike the copy I bought off of eBay for 1 cent. A rad double feature indeed.

(I should have prefaced that last sentence by saying that I’m brining “rad” back into modern vocabulary. Since sexy had already been brought back- arguably sexy never left according the little man in purple velvet, Prince- we needed something for Aught 7.)



Radical. Just in time for the wholly unnecessary Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film out this summer.

And on a side note in this already stream of consciousness post, I'd liek to imagine that Peter Sarsgaard is drunk in this picture:

“I could go on if you want me to”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home