Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Because you're young, you'll meet a stranger some night"
-Because You're Young, David Bowie

Today is Sarah Polley Day.

We’re screening her new film Away from Her in my film marketing class. And Sarah is coming to the class. Yay! I’ve brought my copy of Dawn of the Dead with me to see if there is an appropriate moment when I can strategically ask for her signature to add to my collection of 300+ autographs. Dawn of the Dead sums up her career so well. I’m happy just to have her come to my class tonight.

"They seem so unhappy - dead or alive"

The play, Equus opened in London last night to good reviews…especially the final 10 minutes of the play in which Harry Potter, um, I mean, Daniel Radcliffe is totally naked, full frontal style. Although I’m not sure if my mom fully understands what she’s in for on play night. Who needs to spend money on concert tickets when I can spend well-earned cash on inappropriately naked young boys? I’m joking. You all now I like older men and took pride in being the only 15 year old girl with pictures of Bono taped to her binder in a midst of Backstreet Boy lovers.

"Because you're young - what could be nicer for you and it I'll make me sad"

To further my promise to myself to not buy concert tickets for a while, I have decided that I should not go shopping for the next month to save up for the wallet-gouging spree that will be my birthday in London. I’m going to try not to buy any clothes- except for this slightly ridiculous, Michael Jackson-eque 80’s inspired bright orange cotton jacket I want at H&M. It’s all this purchasing concert tickets up front for you people that is setting me back, but I will clean up in May with y’all owing me for Arcade Fire, Scissor Sisters, etc. I win.

I May Be Busy, But Not too Busy for a Blog & a List Playlist (aka "I had a dream about Kiefer Sutherland Last Night" mix):

Naive- Kooks
House of Jealous Lovers- The Rapture
She's Losin It- Belle & Sebastian
School Spirit- Kanye "My Brother" West
Strict Machine- Goldfrapp

"A million dreams, a million scars"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home