Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"We're gonna dance like there is no... no tomorrow, whatever the hang-up, we're getting a gang-up, and we are gonna have us some fun"
-Is Everybody Happy, David Hasselhoff (*note: I have never heard this song before but I searched for Hoff lyrics and this was the most approripate as it sounds like David is coming to get you with a gang of hoodlums to break your kneecaps in a West Side Story-like musical revue)

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday: Do not use a binder filled with semi-important work documents to prop open your window in a 5th floor office because it will fall out the window onto Richmond St, and nearly kill an old man. But the papers and the binder itself remained intact, so all is well. I actually did run down 5 flights of stairs to retrieve it. And then I ran back into the office to hide. Today I am propping up the window with a VHS tape since it's 17 degrees out. I've learned from my mistake. If David Hasselhoff worked here, he would use the bones of small children to prop open his window. Afterall, this is the man I'm talking about: "Crop circles are David's way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the fuck down."

And it turns out that the place where I got offered a job in Japan is way too far to commute to. Too far for even David Hasselhoff.

Onwards and upwards. Back to the Bono collage I was making out of old newspaper clippings for Caroline. What will I ever do with all of my free time once I quit and move to Japan? This 9 to 5 is stressful.

*it's also hilarious to point out that this is the way the lyrics are written for emphasis on pronunciation. I'm glad whoever wrote it made that clear because if there is anything wrong with today's youth, it's poor pronunciation of Hoff songs:
"I-if you're worried and ful-full of trouble, come on dow-down and it will pop like a buuuuble"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home