Tuesday, March 28, 2006

“Its the final countdown, The final countdown, The final countdown (the final countdown)”
-The Final Countdown, Europe (God bless Europe and their masterful lyrics…but I bet that synthesizer riff is stuck in your head…or visions of Gob performing magic)

So it’s my last day being 23. How do I feel? Kinda old. But then I think that there is still part of a Spongebob Squarepants cake in the fridge and things start looking up. And I’m still the 2nd youngest person at work and the 2nd youngest person in my household. AND I just discovered that Jason bateman is in the movie Mr. magorium's Wonder Emporium which is filming in T.O., which means that there is one more person to stalk who outweighs both Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti. He's filming with Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman. "Hey Jason Bateman, I loved you on 'The Hogan Family'..."

I still haven’t uploaded any footage from the Coldplay concert. My bad. I got sucked into watching "Law & Order" last night instead and it’s not looking promising for tonight either because I just found out that one of my co-workers was in the Short Circuit 2 and I’m going to watch it tonight. We all have mad acting skillz as extras here at work with me and my time in The Skulls, and another friend who is can not only be seen in the film Loser, but also in the accompanying "Teenage Dirtbag" music video by Wheatus. Next time Loser is on TBS, look for a guy playing a student in the classroom scenes. just look for a guy who looks liek he would be called Tony. You'll find him... I don’t know about you, but I consider those 3 of the best movies of all time.

“But still it's farewell, And maybe we'll come back”

Why am I going to Japan? I’ve never had any interest in the country, per se, and am much more loyal to the British Isles and the Commonwealth (and Greece because of their delicious food). Why is it then once I decide to leave and face uncertain employment for the summer, I find new, lucrative job opportunities and things going on in Toronto that I’m going to miss? It’s not regret that I’m feeling, it’s more of WTF bewilderment and the realization that I may be legitimately crazy. Although, crazy people don’t wonder if they’re crazy, so perhaps that rules that thought out. What I need is a job in Japan. I’m glad that I’m not going back to school like some of my friends, because I couldn’t handle more essays and class work, so it is a relief that I won’t be here for the film courses I wanted to take at Ryerson that start in the Fall. Oh well. I’m still excited about Japan and the idea of a trip to Osaka and Universal Studios with Eve and Rusty.

“Will things ever be the same again”

In other news, I almost got attacked by a crow this morning. I like crows so I’m not sure what the confusion was all about. Tomorrow I will bring my fake crow, Pipin (previously of my The Birds themed Halloween costume who now perches atop my cubical wall at the office) with me when I walk down the street to show that I am an ally of the crow. My chicken Gregory Peck would be rolling in her grave, if she weren’t in fact, still alive and pecking, unlike Jean-Luc Brossard, may he rest in peace.

Top 5 Songs I Have in My Head, Other than The Final Countdown:

Raw Sugar- Metric
Out of Line- The Bravery
Mushaboom- Feist
Here Comes Your Man- The Pixies
Don’t Think Twice (It’s Alright)- Bob Dylan

“With so many light years to go, And things to be found”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home