Friday, March 24, 2006

“Happiness, More or less, It's just a change in me, Something in my liberty”
-Lucky Man, The Verve

I just wanted to say that I trump Lauren and her stalking of Will Arnett (of "Arrested Development" fame): I’m stalking Clive Owen. And as an added bonus, Paul Giamatti. They are filming the movie Shoot ‘Em Up across from my office. Monica Bellucci is in it and my male co-workers have been going to check her out. Although, given the choices, I still think I would rather stalk Will Arnett since I have a mad crush on him. I love the funny ones. That and I would rather stalk a Canadian Arrested Development star than anyone associated with the movie Derailed and King Arthur. Sure, Paul Giamatti is in a bunch of crap like Big Fat Liar and Big Momma’s House, but he’s also in Cradle Will Rock and The Truman Show. Anyone associated with John Cusack and/or Christof is okay in my books.

“I watch you look at me ,Watch my fever growing, I know just where I am”

Phil also pointed out to me today that there is a poster with a naked woman on it in my corner of the office, which I have never noticed. It is from a French film after all. And for more fun, I'm having my birthday dinner (on a day that is not my birthday) at The Sultan's Tent, a cool Moroccan place with belly dancers on Saturday.


And it seems that now my mom and aunt will be spending a weekend in Tokyo in June after their trip to Thailand (which they’re not taking me on) so now I am acting as a travel agent once again in planning things to do. So far this week alone I have looked for hotels in Tokyo for them, hot springs and other things in Japan for Rusty, and cheap flights from Australia to Japan for Shane. Maybe I missed my calling. Then again…no.

“I hope you understand”

I’ve decided that I need to practice my off-key and out of tune vocals before I get to Japan, that karaoke land of the East. So here goes a new version of a list I previously made (since I update and change and add to lists quite frequently).

The Top 5 Karaoke Songs I am Going to perform in Japan, With or Without Music and a Karaoke Bar:

You’re So Vain- Carly Simon
These Boots are Made for Walking- Nancy Sinatra
One Way or Another- Blondie
Gold Dust Woman- Stevie Nicks
New York, New York- Frank Sinatra (or alternatively, My Way)

…predictable, I know. For extra conventionalism, I’ll add one Mr. Roboto by Styx.

It’s time for me to prepare for the void in my work day which is The National Playlist. Less work gets done between 11:30 and 12pm than it does at any other time of day. I also listen to it on my old school portable CD player because although the CD player no longer functions, the radio function is damn good, despite the laughs that I get from co-workers as I prop it up in the window for good reception while mt iPod lays unused and forgotton for the moment.

“How many times do I have to learn, All the love I have is in my mind?”

1 Comments:

At 5:36 p.m., March 24, 2006, Blogger Lauren said...

dance cave saturday sounds like a plan to me. if you wanna hang out somewhere we can actually be able to speak beforehand let me know. get the word out to dirk, too. my montreal cell is 514-996-2863 but i think it's a local call when i'm in TO. or my parents house is 416-421-9631. yay stalking clive owen! what a hottie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home