Tuesday, March 07, 2006

“Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking, Can't we give ourselves one more chance?”
-Under Pressure, Queen & David Bowie

Just try not to be in a good mood when you hear “Under Pressure.” I can’t. And I can’t wait to give a very poor rendition of it at a Japanese karaoke bar in the near future. The song definitely earns a place on my all-time top 50 song list. It was intro’d to the CBC National Playlist today. Couple that with the sunshine and everything’s coming up Milhouse.... Unless of course the rumours are true and the next Rock Star show will be to find a new lead singer for Queen. Somehow that seems more of a sacrilege than finding a new singer for INXS. (But I do love INXS and JD anyway, but he’s no Michael Hutchence although he tries very, very hard). But anyway, "Under Pressure" encompasses so many good memories for me. If they ever do a montage at the Oscars for me, I would want this song. Or "Out of Control."

And proving that all the cool people are born in March, today is PETER SARSGAARD's 35th birthday! And everytime I say his name I think of Andy Samberg introducing him on SNL in a pirate sketch as Peterrrrrr Sarrrrrrsgaarrrrrd.

Not only will Jerk Gyllenhaal ruin your movie, he’ll also ruin your pictures:



I guess Moviephone asked celebs to take their own candid shots at the Oscars. Ang Lee’s are by far the most interesting.

“Why can't we give love that one more chance?”

Songs of the Day to Listen to Instead of Working:

Under Pressure- David Bowie
Money- Pink Floyd
Girls on Film- Duran Duran
Love Potion No.9- The Clovers
Mystify- INXS

“And love dares you, to change our way of caring about ourselves”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home