Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"It's gonna take time, A whole lot of precious time, It's gonna take patience and time"
-Got My Mind Set On You, George Harrison


MAAAARRRRRCH! It’s my favourite month. Why? Because today I saw a man wearing a full length fur coat. Like the groundhog not seeing his shadow, men in full length fur coats can only bring good things. It’s also my birth month, month of many concerts, the ides of March, St. Patrick's Day, the first day of spring, the Oscars, and for the next 3 weeks I’m only working 4 days!

"I know if I put my mind to it, I know that I really can do it "

I often get asked the question, “Just what do you do all day?” So today, I answer it, based on your average day when I’m not busy at work (busy days equal more work, less play):

9:04am- Stroll into work, turn on computer
9:05- Get extra large mug of tea. Give Phil and Malcolm a “What’s up?”
9:07- Check work email. Check intranet “attendance” to see who’s away today. Check regular email.
9:15- Talk to Malcolm and Phil, re: “You know what I watched last night…”
9:45- Check work email. Check regular email.
10:03- Update Zip.ca rental preferences. Read IMDb news, take IMDb poll o’ the day, read Hollywood Rag gossip blog.
10:34- Break time! More tea & snacks.
10:56- File something.
11:01- Check my stocks (of the Hollywood Stock Exchange variety).
11:15- Take the daily Pop Secret Indie Film quiz to maintain my stronghold over the competition. Check youtube.com for bizarre videos.
11:19- Send mail to Montreal office.
11:31- Discuss hatred for Kirsten Dunst with Isaac and her apparent drunkenness at the Toronto Film Festival Elizabethtown premiere (If I were in a horrible movie, I’d be drinking too).
11:52- Send Caro the Bono email of the Day.
11:55- Caro comes over to talk about the Bono email of the Day.
12:08- Phone the off-site file storage facility. Make a spreadsheet. Colour it.
12:21- Check email.
12:23- “Hey Phil, who do you hate more, Tom Cruise or Nicolas Cage?”
12:45- Lunch. Read book. Update blog. Read gossip blogs. Play games online. Check email. Play online trivia to challenge co-workers.
2:00- Ask Melissa if she’s watched Napoleon Dynamite yet. (Something I do on a daily basis since lending her the DVD in December).
2:01- Debate artists of the Symbolist Movement circa 1895 versus Pop Artists of the 1960s with Jonathan.
2:13- Draw Mairin a picture.
12:24- Check email.
2:25- Ask Mariane what movies she’s seen lately. Bemoan the lack of good movies in theatres while filing papers.
2:35- Debate the historical inaccuracies in Troy with Phil.
2:58- Break time! Check email. Listen to Malcolm's mathematical theory for his Nicolas Cage as the Worst Actor of All-time standpoint using complex graphs and equations.
3:14- Put Beat/VHS tapes in a box and send them to the National Archives.
3:38- Check email.
3:40- Chat online with Mairin. Brainstorm future episodes of “That’s Our Dirk!”
4:00- Create another spreadsheet.
4:21- Enter contests to win ludicrous things like wooden clogs handmade in Holland.
4:32- Look out the window to see if the Naked Guy in the condo across the street is stirring.
4:33- Fill up other people’s inboxes.
4:41- Check email.
4:44- Hang out with the legal department. Discuss Top Gun.
4:52- Read the Weird News section in Yahoo.
4:58- Concede to the philosophy of “Another Day, Another Dollar”
4:59- Check email.
5:01- Get the Hell out of here.


I’ve also started signing off email using random phrases (especially when Mairin is concerned) by using things like “Where’s the beef,” “9 out of 10 dentists recommend,” etc. Try it. It's amusing to end things with "Soylent Green is people."


"But it's gonna take money "

Top 5 Tracks of the Day:

Going, Going, Gone- Stars
Calendar Girl- Stars
What I’m Trying to Say- Stars
Don’t Be Afraid to Sing- Stars
He Lied About Death- Stars

…Can you tell that I’m excited for the concert tonight? Word on the street is Dirk, Alanna, and Sofia are pumped too.


"I got my mind set on you"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home