Thursday, February 16, 2006

“A bed of nails, a night in jail, That's the hard way to learn, Doing what you're told makes no sense”
-Change, Wide Mouth Mason

I have this recurring nightmare about high school. Every couple months it’s the same theme- I show up at school, realize I haven’t been there in months and can’t find my way around. I can never find my classroom, remember my class schedule, or find my locker. Or when I eventually do find my locker by some miracle, I can’t remember my lock combination. I’m also reunited with people I went to school with whom I hate now. And I’m also always late for school too. Like the way I’m usually late for work. High school continues to haunt me, even though I haven’t set foot in one since Aught One. I should look up high school nightmares in one of those “Big Book of Dreams” books next time I’m at Chapters. I just know that if you dream about teeth, it means that you’re worried about what people think of you.

“Did you bring anything that you made yourself? Did it all come from somebody else?”

I’m becoming less attached to spending my first few days in Japan alone in Tokyo (happy Eve?) and instead will more than likely meet Eve and her mama a the airport when they return from a Thailand trip. Why the sudden change of heart? Other than the fact that I enjoy spontaneous decisions and jumping to conclusions? The ramifications of carrying a lot of luggage through the streets of Tokyo to find my hotel/hostel alone and then inevitably sleeping off the jet lag for the next 24 hours only to wake up and panic once I realize I am alone in Tokyo without my things, which I left back in Canada so who knows who could be touching them at that very moment. Seriously. It is a profound fear to have people touching my things. And me. And I hate strangers. I also hate taking taxi’s by myself in a foreign land and having to ask for directions. And I don’t enjoy talking to people and ordering food in a far off place (not to be confused with the movie A Far Off Place, which may or may not have had something to do with a cheetah, African bushmen, and Reese Witherspoon). I have these visions of me just giving up and lying down in the street until I find someone to take me where I need to be. We’re all familiar with my sense of direction once I’ve been drinking, but I am pretty map savvy as it is. I am the navigator (also not to be confused with the movie The Navigator which may or may not have been about space…actually I think it’s Flight of the Navigator and may or may not star one of the Phoenix brothers). And if I don’t stay in Tokyo, I get to ride the train back to Fukushima with Eve, and I will have the weekend alone there anyway as the ladies would be gone for the weekend as well.

“But tomorrow dive deeper with me, Share them things and well go far indeed”

This website is fun:
The Art of Retouching. Dude is a professional photo re-toucher for stars’ pictures. Some are scary beforehand (I mean you Alicia Keys!)

Off to the QC this weekend (read: the province of Quebec). I’ll eat lots of poutine and complain about the English.

Top 5 iPod Playlist of the Day:

Mack the Knife- Robbie Williams
These Days- Ron Sexsmith
Superman- Andy Stochansky
When the Sun Goes Down- Arctic Monkeys
Shame on You- Hot Hot Heat

“Try everything that ever made you wonder”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home