Sunday, February 05, 2006

"I was looking at myself, I was blind, I could not see"
-I Will Follow, U2

Last night was Shane's goodbye shindig, and while I can't remember too much after we left Dance Cave, I'm sure I had a good time in general. Ended up seeing people I hadn't seen in a while like Angus and Sarah, and some of Shane's other friends who I like, like Lauren. As always, the night started off with an adventure: a man on the streetcar asked me if I was wearing a shirt. Obviously I was.



"If you walkaway, walkaway, I walkaway, walkaway...I will follow"

It started out at The Beast (or Bistro 422, if you will) with individual pitchers of gin and tonic. Met some cool people and danced with Dirk in what can only be described as a non-dancing environment. And for once, I wasn't the only one taking pictures, which is a nice change, although I relaly didn't take that may photos. At 11pm we headed over to Dance Cave.




"I was on the outside when you said, You said you needed me"

The general ruckus ensued with jumping up and down, dancing with eachother and drinking. Roommate Sofia and her boyfriend Nathan came to Dance Cave so they intermingled with the rest of us who were there for Shane. Lost track of them for a while and they left earlier than we did. Spent most of the night dancing with Lauren while intermittently dancing with Dirk, Shane, and Angus. And some weird aggressive girl who was not with us who yelled "Dance with me!" at me and then grabbed me and shoved me towards her. Luckily Dirk had just come up behind me so I grabbed him instead. I also remember the DJ playing "Hotel Yorba" and me being very excited by it. Handclappingly good fun.


"I was on the inside, When they pulled the four walls down"



By the time Dirk, Lauren, Shane and I left, most of the party and the rest of Dance Cave had cleared out. So I think a good time was had by all from what anyone can piece together anyway.
And yes, it is the Superbowl today, and I don't care fo rit. Today is a day where I think I will get some stuff around the house down. I'm also really feeling my U2 Boy CD today.

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.
And I think Dan and I are going to go see Franz Ferdinand and Death cab for Cutie in April. I can't leave for Japan without getting in one last concert. And because I love it:



"I was lost, I am found"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home