Thursday, January 26, 2006

“It's not my fault, I don't care, I don't regret a single thing”
-You Can Have it All, Kaiser Chiefs

I have the feeling this will be a long post.

Firstly, what seemed like solid plans to move to Japan are now in peril. Air Canada prices have gone up $350 overnight. It doesn’t seem like much but to someone who isn’t very good at saving money (like the 6 copies of Bail Out I bought) it’s a huge deal. And it seems like a waste that that money may be the only thing standing in my way. I’ll be stabbing pins in my Air Canada voodoo doll. So I’m watching the prices to see what happens. I’d prefer an Air Canada flight because I trust them and they have nice sandwiches. It’s one of my weird flying things. Otherwise, I may have to look into flight auctions and fly out of Buffalo on a US airline.

I’m also kind of angry today because I just drank a glass of lactose free skim milk that’s enriched with vitamins A & D by mistake. Stupid work milk. I need some Bono to calm me.

“There's more to this than passing by”

Yesterday was an eventful day, right from the minute I stepped out the front door on my way to work. Literally. Just as I left my house, I saw an old lady walking a dog slip and fall on the sidewalk. She wasn’t moving so I ran to her. She said it hurt to move and breathe, so I told her to stay still (my first aid training is paying off), asked her where she lives, dropped my stuff and ran to the house. No one answered so as I was jogging back to the lady, a man passing by had stopped to help her and Leanne had just left the house and was running across the lawn. Her head was bleeding from where she hit it and blood was dripping down her jacket. Leanne called 911, I called the lady’s neighbour- the person whose dog she was walking. She told us she was 80. The paramedics were busy because so many people were slipping and falling, so it would be a while. We brought her into our house, had a nice chat, and waited 25 minutes for the paramedics. She was a nice old lady who kept apologizing to us because we were late for work. All ended well because Leanne and I had a thank you card waiting for us at the door when we got home form work addressed to her “Guardian Angels.”

“There's more to this than meets the eye”

Leanne and I were on the way to The Keg to meet Kate and Leanne’s other friends for a good-bye party before Leanne moves to Chicago. Not only did we miss our exit off the 427, but we started running out of gas on the 401 (these are major highways, if you don’t know). Leanne drove along the shoulder with her hazards on and we were kind of freaking out because we didn’t want to stop on the highway. I called Kate. We made it to the Dixon Rd exit and thought we were saved because there were 2 gas stations at the intersection in front of us. But then we got a red light. The car sputtered and died in the left hand turn signal, across from the gas stations which mocked us. Leanne grabbed a gas can while I hung out in the car as people honked at us to move when they could clearly see that there wasn’t even a driver in the car. I decided that we were able to get off the highway and make it so close to the gas station because we had performed our good deed of the day in helping the old lady that morning. So perhaps I won’t be going to hell as quickly as I thought after all, or like Kate said, maybe now I’ll get to bring my favourite CD with me. Maybe I’ll find Jean-Luc there, since he’s still missing. I also drove down Bloor St for the first time because Leanne was drunk. That was fun.

Leave, I'll tell you what its going to be like, No you can never hold my hand”

And on Tuesday Shane and I went to see Capote. I really liked it. I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was fantastic as Truman Capote. There were a few great shots of the empty fields that really stood out for me. There was also a picture of Jesus that made us laugh because we were both thinking of slapping Jesus some skin. Capote drinks a lot of gin in the film which had us both craving gin and tonics- until we saw the titles at the end of the film which said Capote died due to complications of alcoholism. And I’m sure that seeing the film led to my drinking Tom Collins’ at The Keg, which I decided is my new drink of choice. The ending of the film drags out, but it’s supposed to, since the Capote is also waiting to end his book. I liked it and I think it works. I don’t know if I’d see it again. I think the only film I’ve seen this month that I’d watch again is Munich, but my intentions aren’t that pure.

“And you can have it all, if that's alright”

So I’m back to thinking about Japan and all the trouble I can cause/get into there. And possibly in other countries as I also discovered that a flight to Thailand is only $700 from Tokyo. Hopefully it works out. 12 hours ago I was mentally packing my bags and deciding what shoes I would bring. I really need a drink and Dance Cave right now.

Kate, we should see a movie this weekend before you head back to O-Town. We can go to the theatre or I have several DVDs that I haven’t watched lately (like Kinsey for the Sarsgaard).

“I saw you on the bus, I saw your shoes, They fell apart some time ago, I'll buy some more in five years”

OVERRATED: The fact that the unlimited jar of candy at work is not so unlimited because it’s empty.
UNDERRATED: My current hatred for Air Canada. I don’t think you can even imagine.

“If only they can know or understand”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home