Wednesday, January 18, 2006

“I went out walking, Through streets paved with gold”
-The Wanderer, U2/Johnny Cash

Not much happening today except for my lack of a work ethic. It’s a Lazy (Sunday) Wednesday at best. I feel like a nap.

The good news is I found an awesome new roommate, Joyce. She is going to see a Led Zeppelin tribute band in concert tomorrow so you know she’s someone I’ll get along with. There’s a movie/TV show being filmed across the street from my work. I have a view of it from my window so I’ve literally been watching all day to see what’s going on. A lot of standing around and doing nothing. Exactly why I should be in the film industry. *UPDATE* There is a woman in a floor length purple coat standing near the tripods and light rigs. She's either Dame Judi Dench or a random bag lady. And yes, those are two separate things. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer. The Dame just brings back bad memories of seeing Bob Hoskins naked in Mrs. Henderson Presents.

Speaking of the industry, congrats to Dan who got a long term contract with the TIFF. In a related story, when Telefilm takes us over (so to speak) I may get a new job at Taco Bell. I will then precede to get fired by singing the random Electric Six lyrics “Fire in the…Taco Bell!” all day. I didn’t need their taco money anyway.

“I went drifting, Through the capitals of tin”

I also ended up with 6 tickets to see Oasis March 20th at the ACC when I really only needed 2. I hope they get in a fight on stage and throw beer bottles into the crowd. The Arctic Monkeys are opening which also piques my interest. And on March 22nd it’s time for Coldplay, followed by Hawksley Workman on Saturday (perhaps, I’m on the fence). And then it’s my birthday which is sweet. I love scamming concert tickets for my birthday. It’s a long standing tradition since U2’s Elevation tour in 2001.

“I went out there, In search of experience”

I did have this terrible dream last night: I was in the subway and it started filling up with icy water. And I mean the actual subway or metro, if you will, not the delightful sandwich shop. I think it was because I had lent The Day After Tomorrow to a co-worker yesterday (yes, I actually own it on DVD. I loves Dennis Quaid in a way only Randy Quaid understands ). I think the remnants of my distaste for Jerk Gyllenhaal came back to haunt me in dream form. Of course, the dream was only made more horrifying because all of the action took place without any sound but instead to the sound of “Part Time Lover” by Stevie Wonder. I woke up with it in my head and it’s been haunting me ever since. Now I know if you don’t know me you’ll think I’m making this up for your amusement, but for those of you who do know me, you’ll know it’s all true. Remember: I am afraid of puppet wolves after all.


Oh you know he's getting ready to play "Part Time Lover"


Nat’s coming to visit Friday (not Thursday) so I know we will get into mischief this weekend. And I may find something to pass the time on Thursday night.

“I went out searching, Looking for one good man”

Top 5 iPod Playlist of the Day of Songs I would Perform for Stevie Wonder if He Asked Me To (or he'll haunt my dreams):

You’re the reason I’m Leaving- Franz Ferdinand
You Are Not Alone- Michael Jackson
You’re a Woman, I’m a Man- Death from Above 1979 (just to play with the gender stereotypes)
Mowtownphilly- Boyz II Men
The Technology Song- Kip from Napoleon Dynamite

Yes, all of these songs are taking up space on my iPod. And hopefully "Part Time Lover" is stuck in your head now. It's what he wants- Stevie Wonder- in his plan to haunt your dreams.

“I went with nothing, But the thought you'd be there too”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home