Tuesday, January 10, 2006

“All of the things that I thought were so easy Just got harder and harder each day”
-Calendar Girl, Stars

Today has been pretty much a blah day at work, with a few exceptions: I bought Red Eye and The Constant Gardener on DVD, I am looking forward to a day off tomorrow to go shopping with Mairin for genius things (like Kuffs on DVD for $5.99), and the good news that Natalie is coming to town on the 20th weekend to go to the Hard-Fi concert and, barring that the deal that I have going on the down low is successful, Broken Social Scene and Feist tickets the following day. Yay! Actively bid on a cheap flight to Japan (Eve, if I can get a good deal, I’m coming your way), and I also ate a Halloween box of Smarties while listening to Stars (I must reccommend their cover of The Smiths' This Charming Man, if you haven't heard it). Today has been productive at best.

Nothing else much going on, unless you count the talking Napoleon Dynamite pens and key chains I played with at Urban Outfitters.

“The pages keep turning, I’ll mark off each day with a cross, And I’ll laugh about all that we’ve lost”

And as I was making my way to HMV, a man whistled at me. I was wearing my winter coat and scarf with mildly unkempt hair so I turned to look to see if it was me whom he was whistling at. Sure enough, he was staring back at me. He was wearing fluffy, blue earmuffs which moves him into the “crazy” category, so I take it with a grain of salt. It was somewhat refreshing because since it’s been cold out, the insane haven’t been wandering around outside my office and complimenting me on my wardrobe choices or getting into fights with one another. There’s one reason I look forward to spring.

“But I can’t live forever, I can’t always breath, One day I’ll be sand on a beach by a sea”

My social calendar is filling up fast for the immediate future, leaving the end of February a barren and lonely wasteland. Sorry for the lack of photos today.

OVERRATED: “Try to avoid shaking hands with people”- as said by the talking Donald Trump doll
UNDERRATED: “It’s a Sledgehammer”- as said by the talking Pedro doll, which I just found out existed today.
Both of these are owned by my friend and co-worker which proves that people actually buy these things.

“I ran to the window; threw my head to the sky”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home