Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"And they turn into monsters, Turning us into fire"
-Kids with Guns, Gorillaz

Christmas has come and gone and now I can start cleaning and making room for new DVDs, books, and CDs (I love you, new Gorillaz CD) in my collection since that's the majority of what my gifts were (and clothes, as if I need more of those too). I feel like I was asleep for this Christmas as it all came and went so fast. I was still shopping on Christmas Eve, and finished my wrapping at 830pm on the 24th. Hopefully everyone else had an enjoyable Christmas.

Not much exciting is going on, unless you count my impending dentist appointment, which is kinda fun because I like going to the dentist. And of course, all the holiday shopping. I love sales, especially when WalMart has DVDs on 2 for $5 (except they all suck) so I upped it for 2 for $15 (Bubble Boy and Can't Buy Me Love?! Sweet). And Rusty is coming ot stay for a few days so we'll hit the mall and a movie tonight.

The unintentionally weirdest gift received by a member of my family was John Cleese hosting a DVD called Wine for the Confused. That's not the weird part. The weird part is that when you put the DVD in and it starts playing automatically, it plays that (horrible, in my opinion) Denys Arcand film, The Decline of the American Empire. Like the entire film is there. With subtitles and all. Weird. When you hit the menu button you get the John Cleese show, but still. Bizarre. Back to Costco you go, DVD.

I was also the recipient of a Shout About Music DVD. Anyone who is up for a challenge can play me. Byt he end of the game, the DVD didn't even tell me my numerical score, but instead just said I won by "lots and lots" of points (I figured around 146).

That's all for now, I'm off to read on of the many books I now own, in addition to the 4 books I was simultaneously reading pre-Xmas. And Back to T.O. tomorrow (or Friday).

OVERRATED: The Decline of the American Empire.
UNDERRATED: Ernest Saves Christmas (which I'm sad to say I missed this year)

"Easy does it, easy does it, they got something to say "no" to"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home