Wednesday, December 21, 2005

“I scratch a living, it ain't easy , You know it's a drag”
-Cash Machine, Hard-Fi

It’s another average day here at work- just hanging out, eating cookies, reading Entertainment Weekly and Variety, having useless discussions, and blogging. I was also making origami hats and pianos out of post-its. I’m too lazy and tired today to do anything else. Everday I'm thankful for my job. I'd like to give shout outs to everyone else who can blog at work!

Once again, I think I’m catching a cold, which makes me extra sleepy. I’ve been setting my alarm clock to wake up at 7:37am, rolling out the door by 8:15, and arriving at work sometimes around 9am where I then drink tea and complain about the streetcar. I’m so not a morning person and need at least 9 hours of sleep to function, unless I’ve been drinking. Maybe I should take up drinking each night so I’m wide awake in the morning (See Saturday’s post as an example). I’d get so much more done. That’s so many more origami hats that I could be making in the time it takes me to figure out how to function in the morning. Although the afternoon nap part might pose a problem, once I get sleepy around 3:30pm…It’s not like I still work in the cemetery where naps are a common and welcome occurrence. Especially in the mausoleum.

“But you can't look back, I wonder if I'll ever get, To where I want to be”

I thought I would go to the movies (for the 6th time in 8 days) tonight, but like I said before, I’m lazy and tired. So possibly tomorrow night. I have a stack of DVDs I haven’t watched yet.

Okay, Toronto people! Download some music by Hard-Fi, like “Hard to Beat,”” Better do Better,” and “Cash Machine,” pay $15 and come see them in concert with me Jan. 20th. They’re British and Kaiser Chiefs-esque! Non-Toronto friends, convince city friends to go to the concert with me, because no one listens to me. That's why I had to get a blog.

“No no, this can't be right, I live an honest life”

OVERRATED: That mug I was using with the broken handle that just broke apart and shattered on the floor. Clean up on aisle 6!
UNDERRATED: The ability to chat on MSN, read mags, write a blog, make origami, eat cookies, and still maintain a high level of productivity in the workplace. I think I might bring in some board games. Someone will have to play Scene It with me eventually…

“It seems like sometimes, You don't cross the line”

2 Comments:

At 1:47 p.m., December 21, 2005, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

You set your alarm for 7:37? Why not 7:38? Greetings from south of the border.

 
At 3:48 p.m., December 21, 2005, Blogger Rachel said...

Because that's 2 more minutes than getting up at 7:35, plus I still have time to pick up a newspaper. I've timed my daily routine down to the minute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home