Thursday, December 15, 2005

“I'm going to meet you at midnight , I'm not used to living alone , I've got to learn or learn how to die”
-Love and Destroy, Franz Ferdinand

Nayeli and I saw King Kong last night. Thank God it was at the dirty Rainbow Cinemas and I only paid $4.25. While not terrible, it’s not that good either and I wouldn’t care to see it again. And I can’t figure out why Adrien Brody is even in this movie. His part could be played by any random non-Oscar winner. It would be a toss-up between what I would rather watch- any of the Lord of the Rings or King Kong, because I like neither. I think I would pick King Kong because there are no dwarves or elves, or Orlando Bloom (whom I still haven’t forgiven for Elizabethtown). Then again LOTR has my favourite Hobbit, Dominic Monaghan. But King Kong has that ape which is almost the same thing…


Here are the lessons learned from King Kong:

Don’t go to Skull Island.

If Jack Black offers you something: run.

If you happen upon a place that is littered with human skeletons: run.

Adrien Brody can appear quite handsome if the lighting is correct. But only for a second.

In a battle between:
Giant ape vs. dinosaurs= ape wins.

Giant ape vs. anything other than another giant ape= ape wins.

Beast vs. Beauty= beauty wins.

Apes love sunsets and blondes.

Don’t touch the natives.

You won't be cold at the top of the Empire State Building in a sleeves dress in the middle of winter.

Giant apes are huge Vaudeville fans.

If you aren’t White, you gonna die.

If you are the soundman, cameraman, focus puller, or anything else, other than star of a film: you gonna die.

The main principles of planetary motion aren’t relevant so long as it serves the purpose of the story, as night turns into day in a matter of minutes.

Too many special effects ruin a movie when they’re bad.

Peter Jackson is a terrible director.


Just like Hitler, I prefer the original King Kong (it’s true, for both Hitler and myself).


“I'm so free as I meet you , Welcoming black the Queen of the ball”


The movie was 3 hours and about an hour and 20 minutes too long. The downside was that Nayeli had the tickets and was late for the movie so we missed the premiere of the Colin Farrell Miami Vice movie trailer. I hear he has a wicked mullet in it, God bless him. There isn’t a Colin Farrell movie I won’t watch. Until today, I thought I was THE only person (presumably other than Colin Farrell, Val Kilmer, and Oliver Stone) who really liked the movie Alexander. Then I mentioned that to a co-worker and fellow ex- Film student and he too admitted to not only liking it, but owning it too.

The weekend will be filled with more movie watching since it’s the holidays and good movies all come out this month.

“But you give, you give me it all”

I’m quite busy at work today (really, I am, and I don’t mean it in a “I’m so busy searching eBay” kinda way). But I do need to go shopping and buy this:



And this Italian Vogue:



And this Esquire:




It’s a good month to buy magazines that feature Cillian Murphy.

So here's what we learned:

King Kong= bad.

Cillian Murphy= good.

Colin Farrell= good.

Peter Jackson= bad.

Jakc Black= not as annoying as usual.



OVERRATED: King Kong.
UNDERRATED: Mothra.

“Well I'm here with you at midnight”

2 Comments:

At 6:22 p.m., December 15, 2005, Blogger Clara said...

Did you know that Colin Farrell had an overdose over the week-end shooting his new film? yep.. cocaine, pot and some other unknown substance.

 
At 6:45 p.m., December 15, 2005, Blogger Rachel said...

I know and I can love Colin farrell all I want, even though he is dirty and you're never quite sure of where he's been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home