Friday, November 25, 2005

“Adjectives on the typewriter, He moves his words like a prize fighter”
-Shadow Stabbing, Cake

Yay! I’m leaving for Paris tomorrow and I’m meeting Coldplay on Tuesday! And Entertainment Weekly has a “
guess the mustache” quiz online. I don’t know what I’m more excited for…I got 9/10.


“Outside, outside the world, Out there you don't hear the echoes and calls”


Nothing all that thrilling happened yesterday. I watched Shaun of the Dead again and that was about it. Sigh, I love British humour. Maybe I will do the whole SWAP in London after all (as if my decision solely rests on my level of enjoyment from Shaun of the Dead).

And I know I have already alerted Mairin and Shane to this, but we can all share a laugh at what is now my favourite music video of all time: David Hasselhoff and his cover of
“Hooked on a Feeling.”

The other thing that I realized today was that Clint Eastwood is old. I mean really old. 75 years old. And Phil saw INXS today at lunch as they walked by him after finishing a press conference. I had lunch at Arby’s and saw a kid almost fall off of Santa’s lap at the Eaton’s Centre. There are at least two Santa’s. The one I saw earlier in the week was very surly and un-Santa like. Today’s is jollier.

Nayeli is in Ottawa, Leanne has been out with her bf, and I haven’t seen Sharifa in a few days so it’s just been me and the cat at home, watching movies, throwing things at the TV, and eating dried mangoes (Don’t ask. They came from Costco and are cheap and delicious and are helping me from getting scurvy as I am down to the bare minimum in groceries- crackers, mushroom soup, and I still have that bag of frozen mangoes, too).


“I'm so nervous, I'm so tense, My heart can't forget about this self defense”

I also no longer have a nemesis. I know, it’s sad. Everyone should have a nemesis but I am getting along with mine and we actually have a lot in common: we like movies and will often go to the theatre twice in one day, our favourite Harry Potter is the Prisoner of Azkaban, we both have film degrees, and are the two youngest people in the office. And we both love french fries. I shall be on the lookout for a new nemesis, but that might be hard until I find another job, they hire someone new, or I embark on some new endeavor that will put me in contact with new people.

So that’s it for now. I made this post as random and rambling as possible since I will be gone for a week to practice my French skillz.

“The frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell”

OVERRATED: Croissants filled with chocolate. I ate one during our morning meeting at work and discovered it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. It’s definitely no apricot filled croissants that I had in Pacentro, Italy.
UNDERRATED: Airplane food. Especially Air Canada. I am looking forward to my in-flight meals this week. Sometimes you get ice cream. God knows I don’t eat that well at home on a regular basis.


“I thumb the cool blade but I know this can't last”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home