Friday, November 18, 2005

A Mole, digging in a hole, digging on my soul...

Remember how I said I was bored like 3 hours ago? Well it's just getting worse. And I have to tough it out here for another 2 hours+ and I've already gone around and talked to/bothered all of my friends here. I even hung out in reception and read the new Variety which included a bad review of a bad movie that I saw at the Toronto Film Fest: Neverwas. Shudder. I hope I don't have to watch it again. And then after a little surfing online, I found these pictures from the Breakfast on Pluto premiere which:

(a) proves the fact that everyone Irish is connected
(b) shows why September 10th was my favourite day of the film festival (possibly of all time??) and why that week in September was possibly the Best. Week. Ever. thanks to the U2 concerts
(c) show my 3 favourite Irish people (sorry, Adam Clayton) + Neil Jordan (whom I also enjoy to a great extent).
(d) came out soooo much better than my pictures of the talented Irish men (including that blurry picture of the lights when I panicked when I saw Bono and just pressed all the buttons on my camera at once)



Sigh. Be still my heart. Liam Neeson is looking old, but I loves him for his skillz. He kinda looks like a vampire. An old vampire. With skillz.

My brain can hardly function anymore. I should walk by the Ryerson theatre and reminisce about this day.


I can't believe I was in the presence of these men for the movie. How many people (other than everyone else at the screening) can say they watched a movie with Bono, Liam, Neil and Cillian in the room? In close proximity?

Really, the only Irishman who is missing is Colin Farrell, a former fleeting crush of mine until he became, well, greasy Colin Farrell, meaning anything he did after Phone Booth/The Recruit.

One big sigh for the memories.

Caro and I had the discussion (again) earlier when I was on my tour of the office, trying to waste people's time, about how Bono is looking old. And it's sad. It makes me feel old. I have to agree although I don't want ot admit it. I've been in denial. But dude is looking old(er). Especially in the hairline-area. But then again, you can't really compete when Cillian Murphy is in the shot. Ah the luck o' the Irish.

This is how I'm feeling.

Loves it.

I should probably stop downloading pictures at work....

1 Comments:

At 8:42 a.m., November 19, 2005, Blogger Clara said...

You are such a pleasure to read my dear! Your entires are just becoming funnier and funnier everytime I visit. Reading your blog always takes me back home for a few minutes. Keep them coming! Hope you still read mine as religiously! :) cant wait to see you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home