Thursday, November 03, 2005

“First the thunder, Then the storm”
-In a Lifetime, Bono & Clannad

Thanks to Kate, here’s my recommended website of the day for wasting time:
Eric Conveys an Emotion. Personal faves: Running with Scissors, Soylent Green is People!, Thinking Outside the Box, and Apathetic Voter didn’t turn in his Florida Absentee Ballot for the Presdiential Election.

Also of note:
Fametracker’s poll of the day is which is your favourite star of Jarhead with recurring “A”s in their name. It’s Gyllenhaal vs. Sarsgaard in a battle to the death. They’re neck and neck with the Sars having narrowly inched out Jerk in the last check.

“Satisfied, If the past it will not lie, The future, you and I, Get blown away”

I’ve been hauling boxes around at work all week as if I actually worked in a box factory. And I’ve been listening to Franz Ferdinand. Maybe you can’t do that in a box factory. I’ve never tried. Although I love a job where I can listen to Franz on my iPod all day, drink unlimited cups of free tea, eat unlimited amounts of free candy in our lobby, have a desktop wallpaper of Red Eye (yeah I’m real professional…Caro has Bono and Eddie Vedder, so there..before Red Eye it was Bono anyway...) and have time to write this.

“Hard to tell or recognize a sign, To see me through, A warning sign”

I’ve also realized that I’ve been unconsciously watching movies in a cyclical, recurring cast-type of way. Observe:

28 Days Later- Watched this because I just bought it…directed by Danny Boyle (he is one of my faves…but not for A Life Less Ordinary because on the plus side we have Ewan McGregor, a musical number, and Danny Boyle. On the minus we have Cameron Diaz, a stupid plot, Holly Hunter, and generally all around poor acting by all those involved. I’m on the fence about Delroy Lindo) I digress…And Christohper Eccleston is also in 28 Days later, as is the very talented and very Irish Cillian Murphy.

The Long Way Round- motorcycle documentary starring Ewan McGregor…which prompted me to watch….

Shallow Grave- directed by Danny Boyle, featuring Christopher Eccleston…and Ewan McGregor

eXistenZ- rented this one and put off watching it. Surprised to see Christopher Eccleston in it. Watched most of it in fast forward in under 30 minutes, including the time I left the room to make spaghetti. And with Jude Law.

While thinking about other movies I had put off watching (and own) I decided to watch Cold Mountain, spurred on by a conversation with Natalie on how we both bought this movie (I bought it like back in the winter) and never watched it (I saw it in theatres). Lots more of Jude Law. So I watched it in quasi-fast forward mode, skipping chapters here and there, when lo and behold, I found Cillian Murphy whom I completely forgot was in this movie because he’s in it for about 1 minute. Weird. Even weirder when my cyclical viewing habits continued.

Then went to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Got so disturbed by Johnny Depp, channeling Michael Jackson, that I decided to skip to the end of the movie. But part 2 of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is in no way as good as or as funny as the Gene Wilder version. I’m sorry but Oompa Loompa’s are orange with green hair and sing funny songs, and Willy Wonka is more of an ass than a freak. So anyway, part 2 ended up being part 1 of Red Eye, bringing us back to Cillian Murphy. I also thought I had Batman Begins which would have been another unintentional tie to Cillian Murphy but instead was House of Wax which benefits no one. How you can confuse Batman with a movie starring Paris Hilton is indeed a head scratcher.

At final count:
2 movies starring Ewan McGregor
3 movies starring Christopher Eccleston
2 movies directed by Danny Boyle

2 movies with Jude "I love nannies" Law
3 movies starring Cillian Murphy, either half watched or fast forwarded thru and a 4th one if you count what was supposed to be Batman
1 movie starring a creeped out Johnny Depp

And enough free time to accomplish all of this in 4 days, and then write about it. That’s what happens when "America’s Next Top Model" and "Lost" are reruns. But my virtual Hollywood Stock Exchange stocks are up. Tonight= "Survivor" and "CSI." Life is good.

“As the storm breaks through, So the light shines in you”

OVERRATED: Gloves.
UNDERRATED: Hats.

“Unless the sound has faded from your soul, Unless it disappears”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home